Announcements for Friday, November 18, 2022
Today is Friday, November 18, 2022
Regular Order, Day 6
- This weekend is your last chance to see HARVEY live on stage. Come support the Phils and view the amazing revolving set built by our tech crew. Shows are tonight and tomorrow at 7:30 pm and tomorrow at 2:30 pm. Tickets may be purchased on the Phils page of the Jesuit website or in the Phils office, Room 201, at lunch or after school.
- The varsity football team will face John Curtis in the regional round of the state playoffs tonight at Joe Yenni Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are priced at $10.00 each for adults and $5.00 each for students and children. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the front desk today until 3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $12.00 each. Note that both student ID’s and season passes are not accepted at the gate for LHSAA playoff contests.
- The Jesuit eSports team, Gizzard Gaming, will meet during the second half of lunch in the auditorium. All students interested in competing for Jesuit in the spring season must attend. New games being added for the spring include Overwatch 2, NBA2k, and Madden.
- The Classic Rock Club will take its yearbook picture today at the start of the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The swimming team will compete in the state championship meet in Sulphur this weekend. Prelims begin today at 4:00, while the finals start at 3:00 on Saturday.
- The varsity soccer team opens its season this afternoon facing Vandebilt catholic in the Brothers of the Sacred Heart Tournament starting at 4:30. On Saturday the team faces Grace King at 11:00 and East Jefferson at 2:00. All tournament games will be played at Lafreniere.
- The JV and 9th grade soccer teams will also compete in the sub varsity levels of the Brothers of the Sacred heart Tournament on Friday and Saturday at Lafreniere.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the Gulf Coast Clash in Mobile on Friday and Saturday.
- The 9th grade basketball team will compete in the Hahnville Tournament on Saturday.
- The varsity basketball team will continue play in the Grace King Tournament this evening vs. Riverdale or Mandeville. The team will conclude Grace King Tournament play on Saturday.
- Printing fees are due today before the end of lunch to Room 215.
- Some students participated in a French oratory contest last Saturday and competed against students from various high schools in the Metro area. Nate Constantini, Bassam al Hariri and Frank Young won 1st place in French 1, French 2 and French 3, respectively. Peter Le won 2nd place in French 3. Congratulations.
- Last Saturday, the Varsity Soccer Team defeated Dutchtown 2-0. Junior Nick Danna scored a speeding header, followed by an Austin Krajcer’s tap-in goal. Defensive efforts were led by Senior Cullen Landry and Anders Olsen who locked down the Griffens the entire game. Congratulations.