Announcements for Thursday, November 10, 2022
Today is Thursday, November 10, 2022
Regular Order, Day 4
- The varsity football team will face Huntington High School at Lee Hedges Stadium in Shreveport in the bi-district round of the state playoffs on Friday night with kickoff set for 7:00. The online ticket link is on our website. Note that both student and faculty ID’s, as well as season passes will not be accepted at the gate for admission.
- The Jesuit Philelelctic Society proudly presents our fall production of Harvey featuring an amazing set built by senior and Crew Chief Chris Gieseler and his team Peter Favalora, JP Ganucheau, Foster McDaniel, Logan Simoneaux, and Connor Wilken. For tickets, go to the Phils page of the Jesuit website or stop by the Phils office, Room 201, at lunch or after school.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit on Friday.
- The Poker Club will meet during the first half on lunch in Room 117.
- The Green Club will meet today at the beginning of second half of lunch on the chapel steps to take a yearbook picture. The Green Club will also meet after school today in the Art Room to paint the rain barrels.
- The Big 23 Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- The Social Justice Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 308.
- The Philosophy Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 308.
- The Bass Fishing team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 313.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- Jesuit’s newly formed SABR club (Society for American Baseball Research) will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 331. Come talk about the Astros World Series championship and other baseball stats and history.
- The Jesuit Investment Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 334. Today’s topic will be Interest Rates and Inflation.
- The Model UN Team will meet today after school in Room 214.
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place after school in Room 112.
- The Video Games Club will meet after school in Room 116.
- The varsity basketball team will face St. Michael the Archangel in the LHSAA Hall of Fame Game tonight at St. Paul’s with tip off set for 6:15.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch John Wayne in The Searchers, a western in which a Civil War veteran must rescue his kidnapped niece.
- This Saturday at Lafriniere park, the Jesuit Varsity Soccer Program will kick off it’s season against Dutchtown. This is a rematch of the State Semifinals last year. Game is at 5:00 pm on the new turf fields.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have deadlines between Nov. 16 and Jan. 5 were due on Nov. 4. Get your forms in by tomorrow, Friday, Nov. 11 to ensure your materials reach the intended university by their posted deadlines. Please see your college counselor with any questions.