Announcements for Thursday, October 27, 2022
Today is Thursday, October 27, 2022
Regular Order, Day 5
- The Cross Country team will compete in the district championship today in City Park. The race begins at 4:15 pm.
- No lunchtime confessions today. Also, tomorrow’s adoration will conclude at the end of lunch.
- The senior-faculty football game will be played today during lunch on Will Clark Field.
- The varsity football team will host Holy Cross in the 100th anniversary of this Great American Rivalry Series gridiron contest tomorrow night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff now set for 7:30 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase starting today at the front desk this week from 7:30-3:30. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00. Please urge your family and friends to purchase pre-sale tickets early. Note that Jesuit retains all revenue from pre-sale purchases. Revenue from tickets purchased at Tad Gormley are split with our opponent. Both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Tomorrow is a rivalry game day shirt day. Students are allowed to wear this year’s game day shirt in place of their school uniform shirt tomorrow.
- Any students interested in serving as tour guides for Open House should email either Coach Ursin or Coach Hanemann.
- Jesuit will have its first ever meeting of the Society for American Baseball Research, or SABR, today during the first half of lunch in Room 331. During this baseball post-season, come learn more about this national organization and discuss the baseball stats and history that make up America’s pastime.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 221.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- LSU defeats Ole Miss and the Pelicans don’t seem to miss three of their top players. Discuss this, the Rivalry Game, and more at today’s Sports Analysis Club meeting during the second half of lunch in the New Building.
- The Model UN Team will meet today after school in Room 214.
- The Jesuit Big 23 Club will hold its first meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 221.
- 8th and 9th grade soccer tryouts will take place beginning Monday, Oct. 31, immediately after school at City Park fields. JV soccer will resume tryouts today.
- Juniors interested in taking on a leadership role in Hams for Fams, a charitable organization that feeds 200+ families around Christmas time, should come to an informational meeting Friday during the first of lunch in Room 117.
- All students interested in going on the March for Life should turn in their money and permission form to Mr. Delatte by Friday.
- The Rock Climbing club will have their first outing to the New Orleans Boulder Lounge Friday after school. Those who want to attend will need to sign a permission slip before going. Please contact Mr. Wagner if you have any questions
- The Jesuit Medical Society is partnering with The Blood Center on Friday, Nov. 11 to hold our own blood drive. We invite all faculty, staff, and students aged 16 and older to donate. Every day, many Americans depend on blood donations from generous volunteer donors for critical components of their medical care. Club representatives will be visiting homerooms this week to schedule appointments. You can also sign up with Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.
- The Pro-Life Club is continuing to collect items for Access Pregnancy Center and the Women’s New Life Clinic. When ordering through the Amazon baby registry, please indicate your homeroom in the message box to ensure that your homeroom gets credit. Our weekly meeting will be replaced with Mass this Friday at 7:15 in the small chapel. All are invited to attend.
- An admissions representative from Roanoke College is visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Room 122.
- AP Students — AP Exam registration is now available on the school website. Payment is due by next Friday, Nov. 4 to avoid a $40 late fee per test. More details are provided on the registration webpage. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Flanagan in the Guidance Office or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get hype for the Rivalry Game tomorrow night. Watch this hype video.