Announcements for Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Today is Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 6
- The varsity football team will host Holy Cross in the 100th anniversary of this Great American Rivalry Series gridiron contest on Friday, Oct. 28 at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff now set for 7:30 p.m. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase starting today at the front desk this week from 7:30-3:30. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students (non-Jesuit) and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00. Please urge your family and friends to purchase pre-sale tickets early. Note that Jesuit retains all revenue from pre-sale purchases. Revenue from tickets purchased at Tad Gormley are split with our opponent. Both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest.
- Any students interested in serving as tour guides for Open House should email either Coach Ursin or Coach Hanemann.
- There will be an important tour guide training meeting for all open house tour guides today during both halves of lunch in the auditorium. You may choose which meeting time to attend.
- Jesuit will have its first ever meeting of the Society for American Baseball Research, or SABR, tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 331. During this baseball post-season, come learn more about this national organization and discuss the baseball stats and history that make up America’s pastime.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 313.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- The Model UN Team will meet tomorrow after school in Room 214.
- The swimming team will compete in the district championship meet at Chalmette this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- The 9th grade football team will host St. Charles Catholic at John Ryan Stadium this afternoon starting at 5:00. The jv game follows at 6:30.
- The Jesuit Big 23 Club will hold its first meeting tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 221. Please see Wajid Zahid or Mr. Kling if you have any questions.
- 8th and 9th grade soccer tryouts will take place beginning Monday, Oct. 31, immediately after school at City Park fields. JV soccer will resume tryouts tomorrow.
- Juniors interested in taking on a leadership role in Hams for Fams, a charitable organization that feeds 200+ families around Christmas time, should come to an informational meeting Friday during the first of lunch in Room 117.
- All students interested in going on the March for Life should turn in their money and permission form to Mr. Delatte by Friday.
- The Jesuit Medical Society is partnering with The Blood Center on Friday, Nov. 11 to hold our own blood drive. We invite all faculty, staff, and students aged 16 and older to donate. Every day, many Americans depend on blood donations from generous volunteer donors for critical components of their medical care. Club representatives will be visiting homerooms this week to schedule appointments. You can also sign up with Mrs. Tassin in Room 315.
- Students interested in serving breakfast tomorrow morning at Grace at the Greenlight should see Mr. Delatte.
- The Pro-Life Club is continuing to collect items for Access Pregnancy Center and the Women’s New Life Clinic. When ordering through the Amazon baby registry, please indicate your homeroom in the message box to ensure that your homeroom gets credit. Our weekly meeting will be replaced with Mass this Friday at 7:15 in the small chapel. All are invited to attend.
- Jesuit Student Communications presents Valor’s Cry, a documentary series covering student clubs, sports, and organizations. The first episode features the cross country team and their season long quest to defend the state title and compete on the national level. Valor’s Cry premieres on tonight at 7:30pm on the Jesuit Student Life YouTube page. Click here for trailer.