Announcements for Friday, October 21, 2022
Today is Friday, October 21, 2022
Regular Order, Day 2
- The Pro-Life Club is sponsoring a Homeroom Baby Shower competition to benefit Access Pregnancy Center and the Women’s New Life Clinic which help women in crisis pregnancies. The contest will run through Friday, Nov. 4, with the winning homeroom receiving a donut party. If you’d like to donate through Amazon, please use the QR code located on the flyer in your homeroom. Make sure that you indicate your homeroom when you order. For more information, see Mrs. deBoisblanc.
- The Homecoming Dance is tomorrow night from 8:00 – 11:30pm in the Claiborne Club Room at the Caesars Superdome. Tickets will be sold this week before school in the Cafeteria and during lunch outside the Student Council Office, Room 113. Tickets are $40 Pre-Sale and $50 at the Dome.
- The Jesuit Investment Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 334.
- The Model UN Team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- JV and Varsity Soccer Tryouts will begin Monday after school at City Park for JV and Varsity only.
- The varsity, jv, and jr. high cross country teams will compete in the Jack Schommer Invitational on Saturday at City Park.
- The wrestling program will host its Blue and White Duals on Saturday morning in Benson Arena starting at 9:00.
- The 8th grade football team will play at St. Paul’s on Saturday morning starting 11:00.
- Admissions representatives from Loyola University New Orleans and The University of the South (Sewanee) are visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- On Saturday, the Varsity Quiz Bowl team competed in the year’s first tournament at Episcopal School of Baton Rouge. The B team, led by captain James Redmann along with Carter Rigney, Thomas Schmitt, and Aidan Wang, made it into the championship playoff bracket at their first-ever tournament before falling to some of the best teams in the state, including Jesuit’s A team, whom they faced in the second round of the playoffs. The A team, featuring captain Ken Nguyen, Max Daly, Wade Rogers, and Derek Tsang, breezed through the competition for the first part of the day before suffering some tough luck with two losses in their final four games, both of which came down to the final question. However, their overall performance on the day was enough to secure 2nd place at the tournament. Individually, Jesuit had 5 players place in the top 20 for points scored in the tournament, including a 10th-place performance from Ken Nguyen and a 3rd-place finish from Wade Rogers.