Announcements for Thursday, October 20, 2022
Today is Thursday, October 20, 2022
Regular Order, Day 3
- The Pro-Life Club is sponsoring a Homeroom Baby Shower competition to benefit Access Pregnancy Center and the Women’s New Life Clinic which help women in crisis pregnancies. The contest will run through Friday, Nov. 4 with the winning homeroom receiving a donut party. If you’d like to donate through Amazon, please use the QR code located on the flyer in your homeroom. Make sure that you indicate your homeroom when you order. For more information, see Mrs. deBoisblanc.
- Homecoming Dance will be held this Saturday from 8:00 – 11:30pm in the Claiborne Club Room at the Caesars Superdome. Tickets will be sold this week before school in the Cafeteria and during lunch outside the Student Council Office, Room 113. Tickets are $40 Pre-Sale and $50 at the Dome.
- The Poker Club will meet today during the first half of lunch.
- The Pro-Life club will meet today during lunch in Room 316. Our very own legal expert, Mr. Greg Ernst ’83, will speak about the Dobbs decision which returned abortion law back to the states.
- Students interested in attending the March for Life in Washington, DC, should turn in their permission forms and money to Mr Delatte in Room 225.
- The newly formed Rock Climbing Club will have an organizational meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 419.
- The Pelicans started their season last night. Will the Saints’ season end tonight? Discuss this and more at the Sports Analysis Club meeting today during the second half of lunch in the New Building.
- Politics & Pastries will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 323.
- Weekly NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 116.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to celebrate Shocktober by watching Poltergeist, the story of a family terrorized by ghosts in their home.
- The Model UN Team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- Any students interested in serving as tour guides for Open House may sign up in homeroom or email either Coach Ursin or Coach Hanemann.
- Any students interested in being Open House tour guides should meet today either the first or second half of lunch in the Benson Arena.
- The varsity football team will face Booker T. Washington tonight at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 6:30. Jesuit is the visiting team for this non-district contest. Tickets for this game may only be purchased online. There will be No cash sales at the gate, however, the QR code will be available at Tad Gormley for spectators to scan to purchase tickets if not done in advance. Purchasing tickets before the game is strongly encouraged. Note that student ID’s and season passes will not be accepted at the gate for this game. Please use this link to purchase tickets.
- JV and Varsity Soccer Tryouts will begin Monday, Oct. 24, after school at City Park for JV and Varsity only.
- An admissions representative from Loyola Marymount University, a top ranked Catholic Jesuit university in Los Angeles, California, is visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Room 122.