Announcements for Friday, October 7, 2022
Today is Friday, October 7, 2022
Special Order, Day 6B
- The varsity football team will face Brother Martin tonight at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students and $3.00 each for children. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard today until 3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. Pay parking will be available at Delgado. Cost is $10.00 per vehicle.
- The PSAT will take place next Wednesday, Oct. 12. There is no school for seniors that day. Students in 8th through 11th grades are reminded to bring a calculator and sharpened #2 pencils for testing. Students should report to their testing rooms in full school uniform by 7:45 a.m. Students in 8th, 9th, and 10th will test in their homeroom classrooms. Juniors will test with their homerooms in first floor classrooms. Testing for 8th and 9th graders is expected to finish between 11:15 and 11:45; 10th and 11th graders are expected to finish between 11:45 and 12:15 p.m. Students approved for extended time will be notified directly of their testing location. Please see your guidance counselor if you have any questions.
- The Jesuit Student Council will be hosting a Prep-Rally today during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Come out to hear seniorsWade Rogers and Dominic Loguidice get us hyped for the PSAT and Brother Martin game.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 313.
- Gizzard Gaming will have a meeting today during the second half of lunch in the auditorium. All students interested in competing in Fortnite must attend.
- The Science and Faith Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 314 for its first informational meeting. The society exists to discuss topics such as evolution, the immateriality of the human soul, artificial intelligence, human origins, and other topics at the intersection of faith and reason.
- The Barbershop Blue Jays meet today in Room 202 from 3:00-4:15.
- The swimming team will compete against St. Paul’s in a dual meet on Saturday morning at Pelican Athletic Club starting at 9:00.
- The JV football team will host Brother Martin on Saturday at John Ryan Stadium starting at 10:00.
- The cross country team will compete in the Catholic High Invitational on Saturday. Varsity runs at 8:30 followed by the JV at 9:30. The jr. high team will compete in the St. Aloysius Cross Country Invitational at 11:00.
- Need to take a break during exam week? Check out the latest episode of Ten Minute Break. Senior Lee Raymond shares what it’s going to take for Jesuit swimming to win its 40th state championship. Ten Minute Break is available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
- Admissions representatives from University of Southern California (USC) and Centenary College are visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.