Announcements for Thursday, October 6, 2022
Today is Thursday, October 6, 2022
Regular Order, Day 6
- Due to Friday’s special school schedule, confessions will not be offered, and adoration will end at the end of lunchtime.
- Due to exam week, Confessions will not be offered next week and no adoration on Friday. Masses will continue at the usual time in the morning.
- All players interested in trying out for the 8th, 9th, JV, or Varsity soccer team will meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- All basketball, soccer, and wrestling lettermen should pick up their stripes, patches, and lettermen jackets today during the first half of lunch on the first floor of the Madonna Della Strada Building by the door leading out to the back parking lot..
- The Poker Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 117.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- Classic Rock Club will meet today instead of Friday during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Who’s to blame for the Saints’ London loss? Who do you like Saturday morning in Death Valley and in the MLB Playoffs? Discuss this and more at the Sports Analysis Club meeting during the second half of lunch in the New Building Conference Room.
- The golf team will face Rummel this afternoon at English Turn starting at 4:00.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 116.
- Harvey reviews all Act I, Scene 3 blocking today in Room 202 from 5:00-6:30.
- The 8th grade football team will host St. Paul’s this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 5:30.
- The varsity football team will face Brother Martin tomorrow night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard through Friday from 7:30-3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. Pay parking will be available at Delgado. Cost is $10.00 per vehicle.
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit on Friday.
- Senior Service Project Reflection Day will take place after the theology exam on Thursday Oct. 13. All seniors who have completed their service project and essay are reminded to look on the rosters posted in first floor classrooms for the times and locations of their reflection group.
- Printing fees for the month of the September have been distributed in homeroom. Students must pay their fees before Friday, Oct. 7 in Room 215 before school, during ten-minute break, or during the lunch hour in Room 215. Failure to pay fees may result in the loss of computer services.
- Admissions representatives from Texas Christian University (TCU) and Birmingham Southern are visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.