Announcements for Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Today is Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Regular Order, Day 7
- Students interested in attending the March for Life this year in January to stand up for the unborn should see Mr. Delatte to pick up a permission form.
- Any 8th grader interested in trying out for the basketball team this upcoming season must attend a meeting today during the first half of lunch in Room 228. Any student that can not attend the meeting should see Coach Templet or Coach Rogers for more information.
- All National Honor Society members planning to attend Thursday night’s induction, including inductees and board members, must attend rehearsal today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Jesuit Medical Society invites all students, faculty, and staff to hear guest speaker and JHS alum Jacob Meariman, a current LSU med student, today after school in Room 317.
- Creative Writing Club will meet today after school in Room 115.
- The J-Troupe Improv Comedy Team meets today in Room 202 from 3:30-5:00.
- Harvey rehearses Act I, Sc. 3 today in Room 202 from 5:00-6:30.
- The swimming team will compete against Brother Martin in a dual meet this afternoon at Bissonet starting at 4:15.
- All players interested in trying out for the 8th, 9th, JV, or Varsity soccer team will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- All basketball, soccer, and wrestling lettermen should pick up their stripes, patches, and lettermen jackets tomorrow during the first half of lunch on the first floor of the Madonna Della Strada Building by the door leading out to the back parking lot..
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The varsity football team will face Brother Martin on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard through Friday from 7:30-3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. Pay parking will be available at Delgado. Cost is $10.00 per vehicle.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit on Friday.
- Senior Service Project Reflection Day will take place after the theology exam on Thursday Oct. 13. All seniors who have completed their service project and essay are reminded to look on the rosters posted in first floor classrooms for the times and locations of their reflection group.
- Admissions representatives from Case Western and Spring Hill are visiting Jesuit during lunch today in rooms 121 and 122.
- Last week, the Phaculty-Phils production of Companions performed for one-night-only for an enthusiastic audience both in the auditorium and streaming online. The show benefitted Second Harvest and raised $250 cash (equal to 1000 meals) and collected lots of non-perishable food items. Weren’t able to make it to the show to see your favorite teacher? Bring a donation for Second Harvest in their honor! Drop it by the Phils office at lunch or after school by Friday.