Announcements for Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Today is Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Regular Order, Day 1
- Students interested in attending the March for Life this year in January to stand up for the unborn should see Mr. Delatte to pick up a permission form.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in the Auditorium.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- Books and Beignets, Jesuit’s newest book club, will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 202.
- JHSP Radio Theatre meets today from 3:30-5:00pm to begin rehearsals for the radio-drama “War of the Worlds”. New voice actors and Foley artists welcome.
- Harvey rehearses Act I, Sc. 2 today in Room 202 from 5-6:30pm.
- The golf team will face St. Augustine at English Turn this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- All National Honor Society members planning to attend Thursday night’s induction, including inductees and board members, must attend rehearsal tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- Any 8th grader interested in trying out for the basketball team this upcoming season must attend a meeting tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 228. Any student that can not attend the meeting should see Coach Templet or Coach Rogers for more information.
- The Jesuit Medical Society invites all students, faculty, and staff to hear guest speaker and JHS alum Jacob Meariman, a current LSU med student, tomorrow after school in Room 317.
- All players interested in trying out for the 8th, 9th, JV, or Varsity soccer team will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The varsity football team will face Brother Martin on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard through Friday from 7:30-3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that both student and faculty ID’s as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for this district contest. Pay parking will be available at Delgado. Cost is $10.00 per vehicle.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit on Friday.
- Students interested in going to serve breakfast on Thursday morning at Grace at the Greenlight should see Mr. Delatte today in Room 225.
- Printing fees for the month of the September have been distributed in homeroom. Students must pay their fees before Friday, Oct. 7 in Room 215 before school, during ten-minute break, or during the lunch hour in Room 215. Failure to pay fees may result in the loss of computer services.
- An Admissions representative from Fordham University will be available during lunch today in room 122.