Announcements for Thursday, September 15, 2022
Today is Thursday, September 15, 2022
Regular Order, Day 7
- All seniors must meet today at the beginning of lunch in the auditorium to meet with Balfour regarding ordering graduation announcements.
- Adoration will occur on Friday from 8am-3pm in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and spend some time with the Lord in quiet devotion and prayer.
- Join us this Friday in the courtyard during lunch for the first Brown Bag concert of the year featuring The Vigil Project, a Louisiana-based band who will be performing at the Sep. 24 NOLA Catholic Youth Conference happening here at Jesuit. Sign-ups for the conference will be available during the concert.
- The varsity football team will host Lafayette Christian Academy tomorrow night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30 through Friday. Pre-sale ticket prices are $8.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- Homecoming Court Nomination Forms are now available on the Student Life course on Canvas. These forms must be printed out and turned in by the start of school on Monday, Sept. 19.
- Juniors in the Ray Dass Scholars Program will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 220.
- Any student interested in trying out for Freshman or JV basketball should meet today during the first half of lunch in the Benson Arena.
- The Model United Nations Team, a co-curricular in which students engage in debate and diplomacy to resolve international issues, will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214. Students who are interested in joining are encouraged to attend.
- The Sports Analysis Club will hold its first meeting today during the second half of lunch in the first floor conference room of the Madonna Della Strada building. New members are welcome to discuss a variety of sports topics, including if the Saints and LSU Tigers are actually any good.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- NHS recycling pick up will take place today after school in Room 112.
- The JHSP Radio Theatre Club is looking for new members and will meet today from 3:30-5:00 in Room 202.
- The Robotics Team will tonight in Room 307 from 6-8.
- National Honor Society will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Jesuit Investment Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 334. Our first lesson will be “What is the Stock Market.”
- The Barbershop Blue Jays a capella singing group is meeting tomorrow from 3:15-4:00 in Room 202.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society is holding auditions on Monday, Sept. 19 for the fall production of the comedy, Harvey from 4:00-6:00. Audition forms and information are available in the Phils Office, Room 201, and on the Jesuit website.
- Paintball club is having its first outing on Saturday, Sept. 24. Sign up and join the fun. Permission forms are available outside the ROTC office, Room 107.
- Reminder to all Mu Alpha Theta students to complete your registration on Canvas if you have not already done so. Members interested in attending the St. Paul’s Tournament next Saturday, Sept. 24 should sign up through Canvas and print and complete the permission form. Permission forms should be turned in to Mrs. Brauner or Mrs. Lulich in Room 328.
- Registration for intramural football for all grades is open. Forms may be found outside of the student council office, Room 113, and on Canvas. All forms and fees are due by Wednesday, Sept. 21 to Mr. Augustin.
- There are many water bottles and lunch kits in the Discipline office. If you have lost either please come to see if yours is there and retrieve it.
- Seniors: Counseling Request Forms for college applications that have an Oct. 15 deadline are due tomorrow! Please see your college counselor with any questions
- An admissions representative from The University of Chicago is visiting today during lunch in Room 122.