Announcements for Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Today is Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Regular Order, Day 2
- The varsity football team will host Lafayette Christian Academy on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard from 7:30-3:30 through Friday. Pre-sale ticket prices are $8.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest.
- Homecoming Court Nomination Forms are now available on the Student Life course on Canvas. These forms must be printed out and turned in by the start of school on Monday, Sept. 19. Homecoming Court Elections will take place on Wednesday, Sept. 21.
- All new or interested Peer Support members will meet today during the second half of lunch in the auditorium. Please see Mrs. Delaney in Guidance if you have any questions.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- All pre-freshmen and freshmen interested in participating in Math Competitions should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330. See Mrs. Merritt if you cannot attend.
- The Robotics Team will meet today after school in Room 419.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 116.
- The golf team will open fall district competition this afternoon vs. Rummel starting at 4:00 at Chateau.
- All Big Brothers will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the Benson Arena.
- Grade level Sodality will meet tomorrow in the usual classrooms.
- The Model United Nations Team, a co-curricular in which students engage in debate and diplomacy to resolve international issues, will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214. Students who are interested in joining are encouraged to attend.
- The Tech Crew is looking for new members. If you are a maker or have an interest in lighting, sound, construction, painting or any other behind-the-scenes creative work, stop by the Phils office, Room 201, or join us after school this week from 3:00-5:30 in the auditorium.
- J-Troupe, Jesuit’s Elite Improv Comedy Team, is looking for new members and will meet today from 3:30-5:00 in Room 202. Learn all about quick thinking, improve your listening skills, and develop your sense of humor. J-Troupe practices are open to all Jesuit students and ladies from area high schools.
- Any student interested in trying out for Freshman or JV basketball should meet on Thursday during the first half of lunch in the Benson Arena. See Coach Eckholdt or Coach Hernandez if you have any questions or if you can not attend.
- Paintball club is having its first outing on Saturday, Sept. 24. Sign up and join the fun. Permission forms are available outside the ROTC office, Room 107. Any questions see Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno.
- Reminder to all Mu Alpha Theta students to complete your registration on Canvas if you have not already done so. Members interested in attending the St. Paul’s Tournament next Saturday, Sept. 24 should sign up through Canvas and print and complete the permission form. Permission forms should be turned in to Mrs. Brauner or Mrs. Lulich in Room 328.
- The Archdiocese of New Orleans is hosting a Youth Day for all high school students in New Orleans on Sept. 24 here at Jesuit. Jesuit students who would like to attend can do so for free but must register this week. To register stop by campus ministry this week.
- Any Students who are interested in being altar servers this year, please email Fr. Polce (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive information for training and to get on the serving schedule for all school masses.
- Any seniors who are Catholic and have been Confirmed who are interested in being inducted as a Eucharistic minister please email Fr. Polce about information regarding being installed for this ministry.
- Juniors-this is a reminder that the mandatory College Kick-Off event for you and your parents will take place tomorrow night at 6:30pm in the auditorium.
- Admissions representatives from St. Edward’s University in Austin, TX, a private, Catholic university and Olin College of Engineering, a private college focused on engineering located in Massachusetts, will be visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Rooms 121 and 122.
- Students, be aware that there will be an all-grooming standards check in homeroom tomorrow. Make sure that you are in compliance with all grooming and uniform standards.
- The senior flag football season begins today during the first half of lunch on Will Clark Field. Weekly schedules can be found on the first-floor bulletin board and on Canvas > Student Life > Intramurals.