Announcements for Thursday, September 1, 2022
Today is Thursday, September 1, 2022
Assembly Order #3, Day 1
- Welcome Week: 175 Years of Jesuit History, continues today as we forge ahead towards an even greater tomorrow. Challenge yourself and others on an antigravity machine teleported to us from the future.
- Tomorrow is the Mass of the Holy Spirit. Students are to come to school wearing a dress coat, dress shirt, tie, slacks, belt, dress shoes and socks. Student’s may wear a suit if they wish.
- Students who need to retake or makeup Loupe Photo school day pictures can do so tomorrow immediately after the Mass of the Holy Spirit in the conference room of the new building.
- The varsity football team will host Slidell in the season opener tonight at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the front desk today until 3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest. Also note the new City Park policy no longer allows for pay parking inside of Tad Gormley Stadium.
- The rugby team will hold an interest meeting today at the beginning of the second half of lunch in the conference room of the Madonna Dell Strada building. Chik-Fil-A will be provided. All interested in joining or anyone who wants to learn more about the sport are welcome to attend.
- Juniors in the Ray Dass Scholars Program will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 220.
- The Fishing club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 313.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- Green Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 416.
- The National Honor Society will meet today after school in Room 112 for the weekly recycling collection.
- Golf team tryouts will continue today after school at English Turn.
- All Sophomores must sign up for a Sophomore Service Day today by 4pm. A link is posted on Canvas.
- Seniors completed their Service Projects must submit their essay to Mr. Delatte by next Thursday, Sept. 8.
- Intramural Football sign ups for seniors will be extended until next Wednesday. Forms can be found near the student council office. See Mr. Augustin in the Theology office with questions.
- Mu Alpha Theta will hold an all-member(new and returning) meeting on Tuesday during the second half of lunch in the auditorium. Come meet your new officers and learn about the activities that our Mu Alpha Theta State Champions are participating in this year.