Announcements for Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Today is Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Regular Order, Day 2
- Due to special school schedules on Thursday and Friday of this week there will be no daily confessions on those days and no adoration on Friday.
- Welcome Week: 175 Years of Jesuit History, continues today as we commemorate the school’s rich musical tradition and our iconic mascot Jayson. Join Student Council in the Commons for Jayson drawing/sculpting contests and the courtyard for an epic game of musical chairs. Gizzard starter packs will be awarded.
- The varsity football team will host Slidell in the season opener tomorrow night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $8.00 each for adults and students and $3.00 each for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be on sale at the front desk tomorrow through Thursday from 7:30-3:30. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate for this non-district contest. Also note the new City Park policy no longer allows for pay parking inside of Tad Gormley Stadium.
- Tomorrow will be our first Blue and White Day of the year. Wear a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt or a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit. Homeroom teachers should review the guidelines for Thursday.
- Returning Yearbook staff members will meet today during the first half of lunch Room 406.
- All grade level Sodality will meet today during the second half of lunch at the campus ministry office.
- The fencing club will meet today after school in Room 403. New members are always welcome.
- Students interested in joining an intramural club bowling league will meet today at 3:30 pm in Room 120. The 10-week season will begin September 13 and conclude on November 15. All skill levels are welcome to participate in Club Bowling.
- The 9th grade football team will play at St. Paul’s this evening starting at 5:30.
- The National Honor Society will meet tomorrow after school in Room 112 for the weekly recycling collection.
- All Sophomores must sign up for a Sophomore Service Day by tomorrow at 4pm. A link is posted on Canvas.
- Seniors completed their Service Projects must submit their essay to Mr. Delatte by next Thursday, Sept. 8.
- Seniors: this is a reminder that you and your parents are encouraged to attend the College Information Night this evening at 6:30 in the Auditorium.
- Seniors who need to turn in legacy rings should do so no later than tomorrow to Room 114.
- Juniors and Seniors: We are in need of additional leaders for Friday’s Pre-Freshman Retreat. If you are interested in this great leadership opportunity, please come by Campus Ministry today during 10 minute break or after school to sign up.
- Intramural football sign ups for seniors will take place this week until next Tuesday. Forms can be found outside of the Student Activities office, Room 114. See Mr. Augustin with questions.