Announcements for Tuesday, August 23, 2022
Today is Tuesday, August 23, 2022
Regular Order, Day 1
- Daily confessions will begin today and continue everyday during the second half of lunch in the 2nd floor chapel. Please come and take advantage of this great Sacrament of Mercy.
- Adoration will begin on Friday. Please look for more information and how to sign-up in your theology classes this week.
- Have you thought about becoming a Jesuit priest or brother? Join a discussion tomorrow during the first half of lunch with Fr. Robert Murphy, SJ ’95, the vocation promoter for the Jesuit province. Free lunch will be provided. Stop by the Campus Ministry office or see Fr. Polce to sign-up.
- Gizzard Merch starters packs will be sold today and tomorrow during lunch in the Commons. Packs are $25 and include t-shirt, headband, towel, and eye-blue stickers. Credit cards, cash, and checks accepted.
- The Back to School Dance will be held this Friday from 7:00 – 10:00pm in the Benson Arena. Admission is $10 per guest. Lock-in is at 8:00 and the theme is Hawaiian Luau. Jesuit students should show their school IDs. 8th-12th grade girls from all area schools can attend.
- Student Council Homeroom Representative Elections will take place in 9th – 12th grade homerooms tomorrow with runoffs on Thursday. Homeroom representatives are responsible for attending weekly Student Council meetings and issuing reports back to homerooms the following day. They also help out in school wide and homeroom specific events like Thanksgiving Drive and Christmas Door Decorating. 8th Grade Class Level Officer and Homeroom representative elections will take place in September.
- The varsity football team will face Hahnville in the Hahnville Jamboree on Thursday night with kickoff expected for 7:00. The JV jamboree begins at 6:00, while the 9th grade jamboree is set to start at 5:00. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase Tuesday through Thursday from 7:30-3:30. They may also be purchased at the front desk on Wednesday evening during the mini-schedule for parents. Both pre-sale and tickets purchased at the gate are $8.00 each. Note that both student and faculty ID’s, as well as season passes will not be accepted at the gate.
- Medical Society will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 317 to elect officers.
- The Green Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 416.
- The Robotics Team will meet today after school from 3:30-5:00 in Room 307.
- All current Phils have a meeting on Zoom tonight at 7:00. Contact Mrs. Arthurs-Goldberg for more information.
- Sodality will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch at the campus ministry office, Room 225.
- National Honor Society will meet tomorrow immediately after school in Room 112 to restart our recycling program.
- The Sailing Club will meet Thursday during the first half of lunch in Room 203. The Sailing Club is for students who would like to learn how to sail and for experienced sailors to practice and compete in sailing regattas. Students interested in learning more about Jesuit sailing and returning sailors should attend.
- Seniors that have not completed their full 100 hours should pick up an Intent to Complete Service Project Form from Mr. Delatte in Room 225.