Announcements for Thursday, May 12, 2022
Today is Thursday, May 12, 2022
Regular Order, Day 4
- As we end this year, please be advised that each of you must empty your lockers before you leave for the summer. You need to remove your lock and take it home. We expect you to use the same lock next year. If you have any books that you don’t want or are owned by the school, please leave them in a pile on the windowsill or on the floor of the hallway opposite from your locker. And please, throw any trash away in actual trash can. Extra trash receptacles will be placed in the halls for this purpose.
- Any student interested in journalism, photography, filmmaking, digital art, social media, or recording podcasts should attend an organizational meeting today during the first half of lunch on in Room 220. No experience is necessary. See Mr. Flores with any questions.
- All band Members are invited to a Pizza Lunch today at the beginning of lunch on the Large Chapel Steps.
- The Music Critics Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 117.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- New and returning cross country athletes should meet with Coach Rudy today or tomorrow during the second half of lunch either in Room 228.
- The J-Troupe, Jesuit’s Improv comedy team, meets today from 3:30-5PM in Rm. 202 to rehearse for tonight’s Phils Spring Showcase.
- Tonight at 6:30PM in the Auditorium, Jesuit’s Elite Improv Team, the J-Troupe, will present a show that is totally new, totally original, and totally unscripted – in fact it will only happen live on our stage. Don’t miss the J-Troupe live tonight. Tickets are $5.00 at the door.
- The football team will play at Gulfport in its spring game tonight starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Anyone interested in joining the Intramural Sports Committee for next year should take the survey on Canvas in Student Life. Compensation includes t-shirts, lunches, and more. See Mr. Augustin for any questions.
- Printing fees for the month of April have been distributed in homeroom. Student must pay their fees today in Room 215 either before school, during 10-minute break, or at the lunch hour. No second-notice reminders will be distributed. Students who fail to pay their debt today will lose their access to all computer services and will receive a PH each day the fee is not paid.
- 8th graders who are attending the San Antonio trip and still owe a balance should can bring it to Room 114 (slide under door) through exam week. Students who still wish to request bus assignments can do so by e-mailing Mr. Orillion by Friday. Be sure to check the Student Life page on Canvas for important trip information.
- Juniors going on the trip to Panama should pick up trip gear from Mr. Murphy’s office today during the second half of lunch.
- In light of the upcoming exam week, no PHs will be served this Friday the 13th. All remaining PHs will be served in Room 231 on Thursday, May 19 and Friday, May 20 after exams are over. If you have any questions or conflicts, please see Fr. Kramer.
Special Baseball Play-off Announcement:
The varsity baseball team will face Catholic in the semifinal round of the state playoffs on Thursday night at Pat Kennelly Diamond at Alumni Field on the campus of Southeastern La. University in Hammond with first pitch set for 7:00. The ticket price is $15.00 and is good only for our game. All tickets must be purchased online at www.lionsports.net. To do so click on the following:
- ticket link at the top of the page
- the baseball diamond on the left
- BASEBALL – ticket info
- PURCHASE SINGLE GAME TICKETS
- EVENTS NEAR ME
- MAY 12 DIVISION 1 SEMI 2 at LHSAA Select Baseball
- RESERVE TICKETS
Pay parking is $10.00 per car. Note that SLU does adhere to a clear bag policy.