Announcements for Monday, May 9, 2022
Today is Monday, May 9, 2022
Regular Order, Day 7
- Any student interested in singing world music for a concert in June should meet Ms. Arthurs today during the first half of lunch in Room 201 for music and information.
- The Anime Club will have its final meeting of the year today after school in Room 121.
- The Yearbook Club will meet today after school in Room 419.
- Spring Sports Recognition Night #1 for all bass fishing, bowling, gymnastics, lacrosse, and rugby lettermen is scheduled for Tuesday evening in the auditorium starting at 5:30. Report time for lettermen is 5:10. Attire is coat and tie.
- Spring Sports Recognition Night #2 for all baseball, golf, tennis, and track and field lettermen is scheduled for Tuesday evening in the auditorium starting at 6:45. Report time for lettermen is 6:25. Attire is coat and tie.
- The Division 2 Lacrosse team finished its season last weekend with two games.Last Saturday they defeated Archbishop Shaw 12-7 in the semifinals, and last Sunday they won the Louisiana Lacrosse Division 2 championship with a 7-2 victory over Holy Cross.
- The Varsity Lacrosse team overcame St. Thomas More last Friday night in an overtime thriller 7-6 to advance to the state championship. Jack Sutherlin had 4 goals, including the game winner. Austin Stuke led all players with 5 takeaways. In the state finals last Sunday against Catholic, the Jays fell short and finished the season as the state runners up. David Martin and Michael Welsh scored goals, and Nick Frischhertz and John Calhoun assisted. Thank you to all of the coaches and teachers who came out to support the team, and shout out to the Gizzard for a strong showing at the championship game Sunday.
- After losing game 1 on Friday night, the varsity baseball team came back on Saturday and won two games to advance into the State Semifinals. On Saturday, in Game 2 the varsity baseball team defeated Byrd 5-1. Holden Hess pitched a complete game and was the winning pitcher. William Good, Oddie Aucion and Hess all had multiple hits. In game 3, the baseball team beat Byrd 5-2. Jake Moreci was the winning pitcher and William Good picked up a save. Luke Brandau had two hits and Good had two RBI’s.