Announcements for Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Today is Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Regular Order, Day 1
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day to support the spring sports post-season competitions.
- The Jesuit Men of color will meet today during first half of lunch in Room 210.
- The Philosophy Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 308. All students are welcome.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch in their normal room assignments.
- The varsity track and field team will compete in the regional meet at Thibodaux High this evening. Field events begin at 2:00, while the running events start at 5:00.
- The Music Critics Club will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 117.
- Jesuit Medical Society invites interested students to hear Jesuit alum and son of math teacher Mr. Weiss, Robert Weiss, talk about his current experience in Medical School tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 317.
- These are the results of the District Track Meet from Thursday night at Tad Gormley. The team finished in 2nd place in a closely contested meet. 3rd place finishers are: Augie Berner in the Long Jump. District Runners-up are: Caleb Tolbert in the High Jump, Caleb Keister in the Pole Vault, Leland Crawford in the 1600 meter run, Lucas Sampedro in the 3200 meter run. District Champions are: Jody Barber in the Long Jump, Logan Daigle in the Discus, Jack Larriviere in the Javelin, Michael Vocke in the 1600 and 800 meter runs, and Jack DesRoches in the 3200 meter run.
- Congratulations to the following Blue Jays who placed in their division in State Rally on April 9 at LSU. 4th place: Andrew Duncan (Geometry) and Kyle Jackson (Advanced Math: Pre-Calculus); 3rd place: Andrew Frey (Latin I) and Shreyash Singh (Biology II); 2nd place: Andrew Duncan (Latin II), Charles Garitty (U.S. History), Nicholas Kapusta (Spanish IV), Daniel Ralph (Psychology), and Corbyn Thonn (French III); 1st place: Brayden Laurent (Latin II). The following students not only placed 1st in their division but also were overall state winners: William Bellott (English III), Dylan Bracey (Computer Science I), Harrison Harley (Environmental Science), Nicholas Nobile (Calculus I), Conlan Pausina (Civics), Matthew Vuong (Physics), and Frank Young (French II).