Announcements for Thursday, March 10, 2022
Today is Thursday, March 10, 2022
Regular Order, Day 4
- Bidding for the FIFA Tournament to benefit the 2022 Mission Drive continues today in the Commons at lunch. Starting bids for each team are $5. All bids must be submitted by Friday at the end of lunch to qualify for the Tournament. See Joe Liberto or Richard Tonry with questions.
- Members of all sports teams and the band are asked to sign their team pictures today during lunch in the first floor hallway outside of the Cafe.
- Bazaar shirts that were preordered can be picked up today during lunch in the Student Commons. Bazaar shirts may be worn to school this Friday, March 11.
- Tomorrow is the last day to bring beads to be donated to St. Michael School for recycling. Place beads in the bins outside the library or at the switchboard.
- Do you have what it takes to compete against the brightest here at Jesuit? Join the Academic Games team in Heritage Hall (first floor of new building) for the ultimate battle of wits during the second half of lunch today and tomorrow. Brain food will be provided.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Pro-life club is hosting a guest speaker from the Women’s New Life Clinic today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- All Juniors interested in serving as Big Brothers for next school year will meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- All Sophomores interested in serving as Big Brothers for next school year will meet today during the second half of lunch in the auditorium.
- Big Brother online applications are due this Friday.
- The NHS recycling program will meet today after school in Room 115.
- Winter Sports Recognition Night is scheduled for tonight in the auditorium starting at 6:30 p.m. All basketball, soccer, wrestling, and cheerleader lettermen are expected to be in attendance. Report time is 6:10. Attire is coat and tie.
- The tennis team will face St. Augustine this afternoon at City Park starting at 4:00.
- The varsity baseball team will begin play in the Jay Patterson Shootout tonight vs. West Monroe at East Ascension starting at 6:30.
- The 8th grade baseball team will host De La Salle at John Ryan Stadium this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- Juniors attending the March Kairos retreat should attend a brief meeting tomorrow at the start of lunch in Room 220.
- The Lacrosse team will play Strake Jesuit this Saturday at 2:00pm at Joe Yenni Stadium.
- Slam n Jam T-shirts will be distributed after Wednesday’s English exams and Thursday’s Math exams in the Student Council Office, Room 113.
- Are you considering a US Military Academy after Jesuit? Today during lunch in Room 122, Cadet Tommy Hall will be offering an informational session about West Point and college life at the United States Military Academy.