Announcements for Wednesday, February 23, 2022
Today is Wednesday, February 23, 2022
Regular Order, Day 3
- The Music Critics Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 117.
- The Fencing Club will meet today during the second half of lunch at the chapel steps to take yearbook photos.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch in their normal room assignments.
- The JV baseball team will play at Brother Martin this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- Student Ministry will meet tomorrow morning at 7:25am in Room 229. Breakfast will be provided. See Mr. Flores if you cannot attend.
- The Pro-Life club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Pro Life Club is sponsoring a team for the Women’s New Life Center, a Pro-Life pregnancy center, 5K Fun Run on Saturday, March 22. The cost is $20.00 for students and includes a t-shirt and after party on the lakefront. Register today and help women in crisis pregnancies find life affirming choices.
- Friday will be a Purple, Green, and Gold Day. Wear your favorite Mardi Gras shirt on Friday. See your homeroom teachers for guidelines. Also, there will be a school-wide King Cake party on Friday during the second half of lunch. Get your club or team organized and bring out a king cake or two.
- In honor of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color present their final Four on Friday mini-lecture. Senior Caleb Tolbert will close out the club’s Music of the Movement series this Friday during the first half of lunch in Room 210 with a presentation entitled Makes Me Wanna Holler, featuring songs by The Isley Brothers, The Staple Singers, Marvin Gaye, and The Undisputed Truth. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend.
- Intramural basketball games continue today with Green Bean Mein Fein Dream Team vs 504 Snag Up and on Thursday with Papa D’s Destroyers vs Mid City Mambas
- The Jesuit Rugby team won convincingly over St. Paul’s this past Saturday with a score of 49-7. On defense, Sully Parent, Andrew Newell, Lex Moya, Christian Jackson, Quin Amedee, and friends dominated the contact and prevented the opponents from making any significant gains. On offense, Christian Jackson, Conlan Pausina, Nick Ferina, Tyson Oliver, and Joe Charif led the charge with dominant runs. Matt Cashio delivered lightning quick ball to keep the St Paul’s defense on the back foot.