Announcements for Friday, February 18, 2022
Today is Friday, February 18, 2022
Regular Order, Day 6
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd Floor Chapel. Benediction begins at 12:50.
- The Sports Analysis Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in the first-floor Conference Room of the Madonna Della Strada Building.
- The ice cream social will meet today on the third floor of the Roussel building to discuss Bluebell’s Homemade Vanilla.
- In honor of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color present a series of mini-lectures entitled Four on Friday: The Music of the Movement. Each Friday in February, the JMOC will play and discuss the significance of four songs inextricably tied to the Civil Rights Movement, with each presentation tied together by a theme. Presentations are during first half of lunch in Room 210. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend. This week’s theme is Say It Loud: The Youth Movement.
- The Tech Crew is still looking for new members. Students who have an interest in building, lighting, sound, and painting are needed to help prepare the next Phils production. Stop by the Phils office at lunch for an application.
- The varsity baseball team will face Slidell in the Slidell Jamboree on Saturday morning starting at 10:00.
- The varsity basketball team will close out the regular season tonight at Rummel with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:45.
- The indoor track and field team will compete in the state meet on Saturday at LSU. Field events begin at 10:00, while the track events begin at 2:00.
- The rugby team will face St. Paul’s on Saturday at Marconi starting at noon.
- The varsity lacrosse team will host St. Paul’s on Saturday at Joe Yenni Stadium starting at 6:30. The jv game begins at 2:30.
- Any student interested in writing, drawing, or taking photographs for The Blue Jay, Jesuit’s student newspaper, should meet Monday during the second half of lunch in Room 225.
- The Video Games Club will be holding a tournament for Super Smash Bros Ultimate on Tuesday and Thursday next week. Sign up in Room 120.
- An admissions representative from London Metropolitan University in England will be visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Room 122. If you are interested in traveling out of the country for college please stop by and learn more.
- Intramural basketball games for yesterday have been rescheduled for today. The schedule has been updated on the bulletin board and on Canvas.
- Last Saturday, the Robotics Team competed in the Northshore Qualifier against 21 other teams. The team won the Motivate Award, was second runner up for the Connect Award, and finished 2nd overall.
- Congratulations to the Jesuit bowling team for its 27 to 1 district win over East Jefferson earlier this week. Junior Will Carpenter rolled games of 255 and 232, while senior co-captain Gary Sims recorded games of 235 and 229. Senior Luke Wood shot a 234. Jesuit won all 18 games and the total count by more than 1,500 pins.
- On Tuesday night the basketball team, in another stellar defensive effort, defeated John Curtis 62-41. Leading the way was senior Matthew Knight with another Double, Double – Scoring 18 points and collecting 10 rebounds. Matching Matthew was Senior Michael Britsch with his double, double of 18 points to go with 11 rebounds.