Announcements for Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Today is Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Faculty Meeting Order, Day 1
- Deadline to order Bazaar t-shirts is Thursday. T-shirt pre-sales will take place on Wednesday and Thursday during lunch in the Commons. T-shirts can also be ordered at bidpal.net/jesuitbazaar.
- Slam n Jam T-Shirts, which serve as a fundraiser for summer camps for children with special needs, will be sold in homerooms today and tomorrow. Shirts can also double as admission into Coconut Beach for the tournament on March 19. If you are on a team already, you should buy shirts through your team captain, not in homeroom.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will host former Jesuit Alumnus of the Year Dooky Chase III today during the first half of lunch in Room 210. Mr. Chase will speak about the history of the Civil Rights movement in New Orleans, with a focus on the role of his family restaurant as a gathering place for local and national leaders.
- The Green Club will meet today during the second half of lunch on the chapel steps to take a yearbook picture.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch. All Freshmen and all those who will be inducted will meet in the 2nd floor chapel. All other grade levels will meet in their normal rooms.
- The Anime Club will meet today after school in Room 121.
- The Barbershop Blue Jays a capella group meets today from 3:00-4:15 in Room 202.
- The 8th grade basketball team will host John Curtis tonight in the Benson Arena starting at 6:30.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316. Angie Thomas from Louisiana Right to Life will be speaking on the topic of euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide.
- Jesuit Medical Society members are invited to attend a guest lecture by Dr. Roland Waguespack tomorrow during lunch. This will take place in the 1st floor conference room in the new building. You will be able to each lunch in this room but seating is limited. Please sign up to attend this meeting. The sign up roster will be on the bulletin board in Room 317 (entrance). Please bring your lunch that day so that we can start the meeting promptly.
- Students who received invitations for Honors Physics are reminded to turn in the form to Mrs. Tassin by Friday, Feb 18.
- Second-notice January printing fees have been distributed in homeroom. To avoid losing computer services and receiving a PH, students should visit Room 215 either before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour before Thursday.
- There will be no intramural games today. Games resume Thursday