Announcements for Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Today is Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Regular Order, Day 6
- The varsity soccer team will host Dutchtown tonight in a state quarterfinal playoff contest at Tad Gormley Stadium starting at 7:00. Admission price is $9.00 each for adults and students (non-participating schools) and $5.00 each for Jesuit and Dutchtown students with school ID and children (ages 6-11). Pay parking will be available inside the stadium for $5.00 per vehicle.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Members of the Phils and Jesuit Men of Color who are attending today’s field trip are reminded to report to the Roussell Building Parking lot immediately after first period.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the 2nd half of lunch in their normal assignments.
- The new Music Critics Club will have an informational meeting today during the second half of lunch in Room 117.
- The Model UN Team will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330. Yearbook photo will be taken.
- The Barbershop Blue Jays a capella singing group rehearses today from 3:00-4:14 in Room 202 from 3:00-4:15PM.
- The 9th grade basketball team will host St. Augustine this evening in the Benson Arena starting at 5:30. The 8th grade game follows at 6:30.
- Peer Support has a required meeting for all members tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the auditorium. Attendance will be taken. The materials for this meeting have already been posted on Canvas under “3rd Quarter” and students should look through the PowerPoint and outline before the meeting. We will also be taking the yearbook photo during the meeting.
- The newly formed Sports Analysis Club will meet regularly to discuss and debate trending sports topics. Our first meeting will be held Thursday during the second half of lunch in the first-floor conference room of the Madonna Della Strada Building.
- The Tennis Team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 121.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 316. We will be reading Chapter 2 of “What to Say When”.
- Calliope’s deadline for submissions is tomorrow at 3:00 PM. Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In honor of Black History Month, the Jesuit Men of Color present a series of mini-lectures entitled Four on Friday: The Music of the Movement. Each Friday in February, the JMOC will play and discuss the significance of four songs inextricably tied to the Civil Rights Movement, with each presentation tied together by a theme. Presentations are during first half of lunch in Room 210. All interested students and faculty are invited to attend. This week’s theme is A Change is Gonna Come: Anthems of the Movement.
- January printing fees are due tomorrow before the end of the lunch hour. To avoid losing computer services, students should pay their fees in Room 215 either before school, at 10-minute break, or during the lunch hour.
- 8th-11th grade intramural basketball forms and fees are due tomorrow at lunch to Room 225.
- Any student interested in forming a Slam’n Jam team should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in the first-floor conference room of the Madonna Della Strada Building. Slam’n Jam is a charity volleyball tournament sponsored by the Student Councils of area high schools to raise funds for summer camps for children with special needs. The tournament will take place at Coconut Beach on March 19. T-Shirts, which serve as a fundraiser and admission to the tournament, will be sold in homerooms next week.