Announcements for Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Today is Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Regular Order, Day 1
- This Wednesday, January 26th, is Career Day. We will follow an Assembly Order #1 on this day where all career-oriented activities will take place during the morning assembly period from 8:00 – 9:05 a.m. All grade levels will begin the day in their homerooms and will be dismissed to their appropriate areas of the school over the intercom. Juniors and seniors will listen to and interact with alumni guests from various career fields. Juniors and seniors can view the complete list of careers represented on Career Day on the Guidance page on Canvas. Pre-freshmen, freshmen, and sophomores will hear a career presentation in the auditorium by Gregory Agid ’05. Please see Mrs. Strain in the Guidance office if you have any questions.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society will hold auditions for the West End musical, Me & My Girl, on Wednesday, January 26, at 5:30PM in the Jesuit auditorium. Come prepared with a song from the show or the 1930s era, clothes you can move in, dance shoes if you have them, and your best Bristish accent. Those who wish to audition for a small role or a chorus part do not have to sing alone. There are lots of parts available and no experience is necessary. All Jesuit students are welcome to tryout.
- The Barbershop Blue Jays a capella singing group will rehearse tomorrow, Wednesday, in Room 202 from 3:00-4:15PM. New members are welcome! For questions, see President Albert Favalora or stop by the Phils office, Room 202.
- The JHSP Radio Theatre club is looking for new members. The group will meet today after school from 3:30-5:00PM in Room 202.
- The Pro-Life club will be serving breakfast to the homeless with the Grace at the Greenlight program on Thursday morning. We will meet at 6:00 AM on the front steps of the Madonna Della Strata building. Transportation will be provided, and we will return in time for homeroom. All students are welcome to attend. Those interested should come get a permission slip from the theology office.
- The General Student Council will meet today during the first half of lunch in the auditorium.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The varsity basketball team hosts Rummel tonight in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:45.
- The Model UN Team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214.
- For all of those who owe money to the discipline office for name tags, please pay your balance by the end of the week. Non-compliance will result in a PH.
- An admissions representative from University of Louisiana Lafayette will be visiting Jesuit during lunch today in Room 121. Please come if you are a senior with questions about your acceptance and deposit or if you are a junior interested in learning more.
- Intramural basketball sign ups continue today until Wednesday January 26 for seniors. Forms can be found by Room 225.