Announcements for Monday, January 24, 2022
Today is Monday, January 24, 2022
Regular Order, Day 2
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society will hold auditions for the West End musical, Me & My Girl, on Wednesday, Jan. 26, at 5:30pm in the Jesuit auditorium. Come prepared with a song from the show or the 1930s era, clothes you can move in, dance shoes if you have them, and your best British accent. Those who wish to audition for a small role or a chorus part do not have to sing alone. There are lots of parts available and no experience is necessary. All Jesuit students are welcome to tryout. Audition information is available in Room 201 or on the Phils page of the Jesuit website. The Phils Tech Crew is also looking for new members. If you are a maker or have an interest in lighting, sound, construction, painting, or any other behind the scenes creative work, stop by the Phils office, Room 201, at lunch for more information and an application.
- The bowling team faces St. Augustine this afternoon at AMF Lanes starting at 3:20.
- The 8th grade basketball team plays at Archbishop Hannan this evening starting at 6:00. The 9th grade game follows at 7:00.
- Seniors: today is the deadline to order graduation announcements. Only online orders are being accepted at www.balfourno.com.
- For all of those who owe money to the discipline office for name tags, please pay your balance by the end of the week. Non-compliance will result in a PH.
- This past saturday, the Blue Jay rugby team traveled to Dallas and decisively beat the 12th seeded team in the nation, Jesuit Dallas, by a score of 47-10. Scores were led by senior Nathan williams and junior Matthew Cashio who each had two tries. Seniors Christian Jackson and Tyson Oliver along with Junior Joseph Chariff each added a try to the board. Junior Andrew Nuell, who was named player of the game, went 6 for 7 on PATs to cushion the lead. The stout defensive front was led by seniors Ben Waguesback, Ryan Griffin, and Nick Ferina.
- On Thursday, the 8th grade basketball team defeated Holy Cross 42-23. Brady Autin led the Jays with seven points and had multiple assists that set up teammates for easy buckets. Tyler Oufnac added six points, and Marshal Serio, Tanner Hughes, and Nelson Bensel knocked down a combined five three pointers for the Jays.
- On Thursday night, the Freshmen Basketball Team defeated Holy Cross by a score of 30-27. The leading scorers for the Jays were Jacob Washington and Neil Odeh who both scored 8 points. Sam Macaluso added 6.
- Last week, the JV Basketball Team defeated Holy Cross by a score of 47-38. The Jays were led in scoring by Jude LaForge, who scored 13 points. Jacob Washington added 11 points and continued to show his defensive prowess this season by racking up 7 blocked shots.
- On Friday night, the basketball team defeated John Curtis 65-52 behind a strong team defensive effort that held Curtis to 11 first half points. Michael Britsch led all scorers with 27 points including 6 3s and Matthew Knight had 20.