Announcements for Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Today is Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Mass Day Order, Day 5
- All grade levels Sodalities will today during the second half of lunch in their normal rooms. See Fr. Dyer or Mr. Flores with any questions.
- The Creative Writing Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 115.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 210.
- All geometry students who participated in the Brother Martin Math Tournament should meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- Acoustic Guitar Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 330.
- Model UN Team members taking part in next month’s YMCA Conference must turn in their permission slips to Mr. Trosclair in the Social Studies Office, Room 205, by Friday.
- The varsity wrestling team hosts Rummel in a dual meet tonight in the Benson Arena starting at 6:00.
- The JV soccer team faces Brother Martin tonight at Marconi starting at 7:00. The 9th grade game begins at 5:45, with the 8th grade game starting at 4:30.
- Printing fees for the month of December are due today by the end of the lunch hour. Students who fail to pay their debt will lose computer services and be issued a PH. Please pay your fee in Room 215 before school, at ten-minute break, or during the lunch hour.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society presents the 14th Annual Senior-Directed One Act Play & Improv Comedy Festival to support Second Harvest Food Bank January 20 at 6:30PM, and January 21-22 at 7:30PM in the Jesuit Auditorium. Admission is $5.00 or five non-perishable food items. This year’s festival line-up features the original play with music, Song of Myself by senior Matthew Busenlener, the dramas The Bad Seed and The Shattered Looking Glass (by Alumni Thomas Sagona, ’18) as well as the comedies Little Red Reboot and Twelve Angry Villains. The shows will also feature performances by the Jesuit Improv Comedy Team and JHSP Radio Theatre performing The Wright Brothers First Flight. Doors open a half-hour before the show. (Vaccination or proof of negative test within 72 required to attend.)