Announcements for Friday, January 14, 2022
Today is Friday, January 14, 2022
Regular Order, Day 7
- Lacrosse tryouts are today from 4:30-5:30 on Will Clark Field and tomorrow from 1:30-3:30 at Tad Gormley Stadium. Please email Coach Bacon with any questions.
- Juniors who have not yet attended a Kairos retreat should submit their retreat form to the Campus Ministry Office by the end of the day today. See Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry Office with any questions.
- The Anime Club will meet today during the first half of lunch in Room 115.
- The Tabletop Role-Playing Society will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The varsity basketball team hosts St. Augustine tonight in the Benson Arena with tip-off set for 7:00. The jv game begins at 5:45. Note that Orleans Parish mandates that either proof of vaccination or a negative covid test result prior to entry at indoor athletic competitions. In addition, masks are also expected to be worn upon entry.
- The 9th grade basketball team will face St. Augustine on Saturday morning at Lyons Center starting at 10:00. The 8th grade game follows at 11:00.
- The 9th grade basketball team will host E.D. White at 1:00 and St. Thomas More at 2:00 on Saturday in the Benson Arena.
- The varsity soccer team plays at Ben Franklin on Saturday starting at 11:00. The JV game begins at 9:30.
- The 8th grade soccer team will compete in the St. Paul’s Tournament on Saturday.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the Louisiana Classic this evening and on Saturday in Baton Rouge.
- All members of the junior class in Program II must attend a meeting today to receive materials and information necessary for the scheduling of senior courses for next year. The meeting will be held during the first half of lunch in the auditorium. If you are unsure of the curriculum program that you are following, please ask your homeroom teacher. Please do not fail to attend this meeting – it is important.
- On Thursday the 8th grade basketball team defeated Shaw 41-19. Twelve players scored for the Jays. Tyler Oufnac led with six points, while Nelson Bensel had five. Congratulations.
- On Thursday the 9th grade basketball team defeated the Shaw Eagles by a score of 44-16. The team was led in scoring by Jacob Washington, who scored 12 points, and Neil Odeh, who scored 8. The Jays poured it on in the second half with contributions from Harrison Gootee, Ben Cimini, Kevin LaGraize, Oskar Neumann, and Anthony Montalbano, who all scored multiple buckets. Congratulations.
- Congratulations to the Blue Jay Bowling team for opening the season with a 19-8 victory over Patrick Taylor at AMF Lanes in Kenner. Juniors Will Adams and Will Carpenter both topped the 250 mark. Senior Gary Sims rolled a pair of 200 plus games.
- The Wrestling team opened their district dual season against Holy Cross last night. The Blue Jays defeated last years state runners-up 47-21 in front of a strong Gizzard. Picking up big pins to help the Blue Jays move to 1-0 in district were freshman Wyatt Mire; Sophomore Patrick Matthews; Juniors Chase Haydel, Dom Logiudice, and John Michael Bourgeois; and Seniors Winn McConnell and Luc Colomb. Finishing the night with a dramatic last second come-from-behind win was senior heavyweight Joe Barnett. Congratulations.