Announcements for Friday, December 17, 2021
Today is Friday, December 17, 2021
Second Quarter Exam Schedule
- Today’s exams are Social Studies, Study Skills, French, Greek, and Spanish. Monday’s exams are Science and Theology.
- Students should not be in the hallways during the exam period or between exam periods. Once you complete your exam you should exit the hallways quietly. You may remain in the Commons, Resource Center, or the yard during this time.
- The varsity basketball team plays at Karr tonight with tip off set for 7:15. The JV game begins at 6:00. On Saturday afternoon the team returns to the Benson Arena hosting Chalmette with tip off set for 3:30. The JV game begins at 2:00.
- The 8th grade soccer team faces Haynes this evening at Marconi starting at 6:00.
- The varsity soccer team will begin play in the St. Paul’s Tournament this evening facing Ocean Springs at 7:00 p.m.
- The 9th grade soccer team hosts Catholic at Marconi on Saturday morning starting at 10:00. The jv game follows at 11:30.
- The Quiz Bowl team recently competed in the 3-2-1 Online Tournament against teams from across the country. The JV Team, featuring captain Christian Thomas, Brayden Laurent, Elijah Perrien, James Redmann, Thomas Schmitt, and Aidan Wang, scored 240 points out of a possible 288 to finish second in their division. The Varsity Team, led by captain Andrew Cavignac alongside Ellis Beasley, Max Daly, Dominic Gennaro, Ken Nguyen, Conlan Pausina, Wade Rogers, Ben Tran, and Derek Tsang, finished as the top team in Louisiana and as the 5th place team overall out of 158 teams competing in their division.
- The Freshmen Basketball team defeated John Curtis on Tuesday night by a score of 37-31. Neil Odeh and Harrison Gootee led the Blue Jays by each scoring 11 points.
- Last Saturday, The basketball team defeated Jesuit Dallas in an overtime thriller, 70 to 63. Senior Michael Britsch hit a game tying 3 pointer with 10 seconds remaining in the game to force overtime. Michael finished with 14 points. Junior Jack Lo hit 9 of 10 crucial free-throws in the fourth quarter and the overtime period on his way to scoring 19 points. Senior Matthew Knight led the team in scoring with 24 points and rebounding with 12 boards. The Gizzard, once again, had a great impact on the outcome of the game.