Announcements for Monday, December 13, 2021
Today is Monday, December 13, 2021
Regular Order, Day 6
- Student Council’s Christmas Week events begin today with Caroling and the Tacky Sweater Contest in the Courtyard. Tomorrow will feature Pictures with Santa and Karaoke in the Commons. Student Council will also distribute a plethora of Christmas cookies and candy canes throughout lunch. Door decorations will be judged Tuesday after school.
- The 9th grade basketball team plays at Chalmette this evening at 5:00. The jv game follows at 6:00.
- November printing fees are due today. Please pay your fee before the end of the lunch hour in Room 215 to avoid losing computer services and receiving a PH.
- Anyone interested in trying out for the Jesuit track and field should meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 228. This meeting is for new and returning athletes.
- The 8th grade basketball team defeated Brother Martin with a 13-point victory. Tanner Hughes led the Jays with strong ball handling and 15 points. Zach LaGraize shut down Brother Martin’s best scorer and pitched in 9 points. Congratulations.
- On Saturday, Varsity Quiz Bowl competed in the Louisiana Quiz Bowl Association Winter Invitational. The B team, a rotating cast featuring captain Ken Nguyen, Ellis Beasley, Max Daly, Luke Miller, Ben Tran, and Aidan Wang, lost a couple of close matches in the morning before going undefeated in the afternoon, including a nail-biter victory against Caddo Magnet B that came down to the final question, to finish 4th in the tournament. The A team, led by captain Andrew Cavignac alongside Zane Madi, Conlan Pausina, and Wade Rogers, blitzed through the competition, including a particularly sweet victory over Catholic by a score of 385 to 205. In the playoff rounds, the team handed Caddo Magnet’s A team their first in-state loss of the year by a score of 355 to 275 to finish undefeated and win the tournament. Individually, Zane Madi scored the second-most points of the tournament, and Ken Nguyen placed 4th. Congratulations, Quiz Bowl.