Announcements for Thursday, December 9, 2021
Today is Thursday, December 9, 2021
Regular Order, Day 1
- Student-athletes who lettered in cross country, swimming, and football are reminded that lettermen measurements will be held today during lunch in the weight room. In addition, those lettermen who have APE during slot 4 right before lunch may get measured during your off-period.
- The Jesuit Men of Color will launch this year’s speaker series with an appearance by Lambert Boissiere III, ’83, Jesuit graduate and one of five elected members of the Louisiana Public Service Commission, today promptly at 12:10 in Room 210. All students and teachers are invited to attend.
- The Classic Rock Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 203.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316. All students going on the March for Life must attend. We will be discussing the Introduction to the book “What to Say When”.
- The NHS recycling program will meet today after school in Room 115.
- The Classics Society will meet today after school in Room 412.
- The Movie Critics Club will meet today after school in Room 221 to watch Dune: the weird 1984 version, not the weird 2021 version.
- The Mock Trial Team will hold its first practice this evening at 6:15 p.m. in Room 122. If you were unable to make Monday’s organizational meeting and are interested in joining the team, please attend.
- Christmas Week events will begin on Monday with Caroling and the Tacky Sweater Contest in the Courtyard. Tuesday will feature Pictures with Santa and Karaoke in the Commons. Student Council will also distribute a plethora of Christmas cookies and candy canes throughout the lunch periods. Door decorations will be judged Tuesday after school.
- Monday during second half of lunch the Student Council will sponsor a tacky Christmas Sweater contest. Note the contest has been moved from Friday. There will also be a contest for most Christmas-y socks as well as the best Christmas suit. All students are invited to wear their Christmas best on Friday throughout the day, but must adhere to the following guidelines: All clothing worn must not be offensive (no references to drugs, alcohol, immodest and/or sacrilegious images or words); Students who wear Christmas sweaters do not need to wear their nametag on the sweater; Students who wear Christmas suits do not need to wear a tie, but should wear a dress shirt and must wear their school shoes; Any questions about attire should be directed to the Director of Student Activities.
- Second-notice printing fees were distributed in homeroom. Payments must be made by the end of the lunch period on Monday, December 13 to avoid losing computer services and receiving a PH. Please make these payments before school, at break, or during the lunch hour in Room 215.