Announcements for Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Today is Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Regular Order, Day 3
- Students are reminded to wear coat and tie on Wednesday for the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception. The feast day is the titular feast of Jesuit High School, which in its early days was known as the College of the Immaculate Conception.
- Politics and Pastries will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 316.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The Classics Society will meet today after school in Room 412.
- The varsity basketball team continues the home stand hosting South Lafourche tonight in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:15. The JV game begins at 6:00.
- Mr. Trosclair will be available tomorrow before school in Room 214 if any student needs help tying his tie and would like to learn how to tie a regular necktie or bow tie before tomorrow’s mass.
- The Model UN Team will meet tomorrow during the second half of lunch in Room 214 to discuss plans for next semester.
- Student-athletes who lettered in cross country, swimming, and football are reminded that lettermen measurements will be held Thursday during lunch in the weight room. In addition, those lettermen who have APE during slot 4 right before lunch may get measured during your off-period.
- Printing fees for the month of November have been distributed in homerooms. Payments must be made by the end of the lunch period on Wednesday to avoid potential loss of computer services. Please make these payments before school, at break, or during the lunch hour in Room 215.
- Intramural football single elimination playoffs being tomorrow. Brackets will be posted for each grade level. Be sure to check the accuracy of scores on the intramural page before Wednesday.
- Friday during second half of lunch the Student Council will sponsor a tacky Christmas Sweater contest. There will also be a contest for most Christmas-y socks as well as the best Christmas suit. All students are invited to wear their Christmas best on Friday throughout the day, but must adhere to the following guidelines: All clothing worn must not be offensive (no references to drugs, alcohol, immodest and/or sacrilegious images or words); students who wear Christmas sweaters do not need to wear their nametag on the sweater; Students who wear Christmas suits do not need to wear a tie, but should wear a dress shirt and must wear their school shoes. Any questions about attire should be directed to the Director of Student Activities.