Announcements for Friday, December 3, 2021
Today is Friday, December 3, 2021
Regular Order, Day 5
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel. Benediction will begin at 12:50.
- The varsity football team will face Catholic High in the LHSAA Division 1 state championship game on Saturday night at Yulman Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. sLocalTix will handle all tickets for the game. Tickets are $22.00 pre-sale and $25.00 at the gate exclusive of fees. Fees for ticketing are minimal. Tickets will be sold online and sLocal personnel will be at the gate to sell digital tickets through credit card purchase. No cash will be accepted at the gate. Additional information is also provided on the website. The theme for the game is a white out.
- The Student Council will be hosting a pep rally for the Jesuit community this evening for 5:30pm at John Ryan Stadium to cheer the football team on as they prepare to compete for the state title. Gates will open for 5:00pm. The first 250 students to arrive will receive an exclusive ‘Jays to Yulman’ game-day spirit shirt.
- The Tabletop Role-Playing Society will meet today after school in Room 120.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the Border Wars Invitational in Santa Rosa, FL this evening and on Saturday.
- The varsity soccer team will compete in the Copa Acadiana Tournament in Lafayette this evening and on Saturday. The team battles Alexandria tonight at 6:00. On Saturday the team faces Byrd at 11:00 and Southside at 2:00.
- The 9th grade basketball team plays at Mandeville on Saturday morning starting at 9:00. The jv game follows at 10:00.
- The varsity basketball team will host Thursday night’s De La Salle/Northshore winner in the semifinal round of the Jesuit Invitational Tournament tonight in the Benson Arena. Tipoff is set for 7:00. The team will conclude JIT play on Saturday at 1:00 or 2:30.
- The Mock Trial Team will hold an organizational meeting on Monday at 6:15 p.m. in Room 122.
- Beginning next Monday, Dec. 6, uniform and grooming inspections of homerooms will begin in earnest. Ungroomed and untrimmed hair, unpolished shoes, missing name tags, and all other Dress Code violations will result in a PH.
- On Monday, the basketball team defeated HL Bourgeois 77-36. All 5 starters scored in double figures, Michael Britsch led the way with 20, Vincent Smith 19, Will Sheridan had 15, Brock Guillot had 12 and Matthew Knight added 11. Matthew also led the team in rebounds with 8 and had 7 assists as well.
- In the opening round of the Jesuit Invitational basketball tournament, the basketball team defeated Ben Franklin 52-40. Sparked by the defensive play of Sophomore Jude LaForge, the team overcame a 10-point deficit in the second half. Matthew Knight had a big night scoring 24 points and pulling down 13 rebounds, Junior Vincent Smith scored 12 points in the win.