Announcements for Monday, November 29, 2021
Today is Monday, November 29, 2021
Regular Order, Day 2
- The varsity basketball team will host H.L. Bourgeois tonight in the Benson Arena with tip off set for 7:00. The JV game begins at 5:30.
- Balfour will be on campus tomorrow during lunch on the first floor of the new building to take senior ring and graduation announcement orders.
- All students going on the March for Life must submit their final deposit to Mr. Delatte in Room 301 by Friday.
- On Saturday, the varsity basketball team defeated West Jefferson in overtime by a score of 67-61. Michael Britsch led all scorers with 33 and Matthew Knight added 19. In overtime, Brock Guillot hit two big threes to secure the win. The JV basketball team defeated West Jefferson 48-15. Noah Uransky led all scorers with 19 points. Congratulations.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Football team as the Blue Jays advance to the State Championship after defeating district rival Brother Martin, 28 to 10. The Blue Jays earned their chance to play in the state championship game as they were the most physical team last Friday night. The Jays were led offensively by Senior Quarterback Jack Larriviere as he accounted for all 4 Blue Jay touchdowns, throwing for 3 and rushing for the other. Larriviere completed 2 touchdown passes to Junior Receiver Jace Larsen who had a total of 123 yards, and another TD pass that was caught by Junior running back Jerron Duplessis. Defensively, the entire defensive line dominated the line of scrimmage, led by Seniors Joe Barnett, Christian Jackson, and Andrew Besh as they applied constant pass rush pressure while also limiting the Crusader ground game. Senior Defensive Back Alex Valdez also had a key recovery of an Aiden Corbello chip kick that led to a Blue Jay touchdown. The Jays will compete for a state championship this Saturday night at Tulane’s Yulman Stadium. Ticket information can be found on the website.