Announcements for Monday, November 22, 2021
Today is Monday, November 22, 2021
Regular Order, Day 4
- Try-outs for students interested in Jesuit’s LHSAA varsity bowling team will be held today at 4pm at AMF Lanes on Williams Blvd. in Kenner.
- The varsity basketball team will open play in the Thibodaux Tournament this evening facing St. Martinville with tip off set for 6:30.
- Juniors and Seniors: Balfour will return to campus next Tuesday to take senior ring and graduation announcement orders. If you need a packet you can pick one up in Room 114.
- Last week, the Varsity Quiz Bowl team competed in the Zachary Invitational Tournament with teams from across the country. The B team, led by captain Ken Nguyen along with Max Daly, Dominic Gennaro, and Ben Tran, lost a couple of close matches in the morning before going undefeated in the afternoon rounds. The A team, a three-man team featuring captain Andrew Cavignac, Zane Madi, and Wade Rogers, recovered from an early loss to in-state rival Caddo Magnet to place 3rd in the tournament. Individually, Zane Madi scored the second-most points, and Ken Nguyen placed 6th. Congratulations.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Football team as they defeated the John Curtis Patriots 14-13 to advance to the semifinals of the LHSAA Division I state play-offs. Offensively the Jays were led by Senior Quarterback Jack Larrivierre, who scored both Blue Jay touchdowns rushing the football. Junior Running Back Jerron Duplessis was also a key offensive contributor as he accounted for over 100 total yards from scrimmage rushing for 97 tough yards, and adding another 27 yards on 3 receptions. Defensively it was an outstanding overall team effort led by Senior Linebacker Dennis Dougherty, who had a key fumble recovery on a muffed punt while running down in coverage. Senior Defensive Lineman Joe Barnett blocked an extra point with under a minute left in the game to seal the victory.