Announcements for Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Today is Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Regular Order, Day 1
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the state meet this afternoon at Northwestern State University in Natchitoches. The race begins at 2:45.
- The varsity football team will host John Curtis in the quarterfinal round of the state playoffs on Friday night at Tad Gormley with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale tickets are $9.00 each for adults, students, and children. Pre-sale tickets may be purchased at the switchboard from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. through Friday. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that student ID’s and season passes are not accepted at the gate for any LHSAA playoff contest.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit.
- Tickets are on sale now for the Phils production of Clue: The Musical. The board game comes to life in this one act musical. This weekend’s cast includes senior Wesley Adams, and sophomores Elliott Derbes, Albert Favalora, and Alex Grilletta. Stop by the Phils office, Room 201, at lunch or go to the Phils page on the website for advanced student tickets at $5.00.
- Try-outs for students interested in Jesuit’s LHSAA varsity bowling team will be held this Thursday, Nov. 18, and Monday, Nov. 22 at AMF Lanes on Williams Blvd. in Kenner. Start time will be at 4:00 p.m. You are required to attend at least one try-out to be considered for the varsity team.
- The Green Club will meet today during the second half of lunch in Room 416.
- The Video Games Club will meet today after school in Room 120.
- Coach Roule will be available today during lunch in Room 229 for anyone who needs to turn in their driver’s ed registration or for those who would like more information on taking driver’s ed this fall.
- All baseball players who played on the Metro team this summer should meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Room 111.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet Thursday during the first half of lunch in Room 316. Mr. Ernst will be giving a presentation entitled “Abortion and the Constitution.” All are welcome.
- The Jesuit Cafe will be closed today after lunch.
- This is a reminder to all students that the only exits you may use at any time are through the Courtyard or through the reception area in the new building. All other exits are off limits.
- Second notice printing fees have been distributed in homeroom. Payment is due by the end of lunch on Wednesday, Nov. 17. Students who fail to pay their bill by this time (Nov. 17) will lose computer services and be written a PH. Please pay your fee in Room 215 before school, during break, or during the lunch hour.
- From Coach Songy: Elevator use is being abused. Today and Wednesday are the only warnings you will receive regarding this. A student with an elevator pass is allowed to use the elevator with only one other student who is assisting him with his materials. Any student found to be using the elevator for any other purpose will be issued a 3-day PH. Cameras will be monitored to ensure that this policy is not being abused. Do not ruin this for others.
- Coach’s Comment: Life is simple…it’s just not easy. Don’t make foolish decisions that complicate your life. Do the right thing.