Announcements for Monday, October 18, 2021
Today is Monday, October 18, 2021
Regular Order, Day 7
- Intramural flag football forms and fees are due by lunch today to Room 114. There will be a meeting for all intramural flag football captains and referees today during the first half of lunch on Will Clark Field.
- The National Honor Society will meet today during the second half of lunch in the Auditorium. All new members are required to attend. Returning seniors who wish to take part in the Induction ceremony should also attend.
- 9th grade and JV Basketball tryouts will begin tomorrow immediately after school. You must have all athletic forms turned in to the Athletic Director’s office before you can participate. See Coach Eckholdt or Coach Jennings if you have any questions.
- The Jesuit Medical Society is hosting a Blood Drive on Friday, Oct. 29, in the Commons. Students must be at least 16 and have parental consent. Donors will receive a free pass to the Morturary Haunted House as well as Halloween socks. Members of the Medical Society will be visiting homerooms this week to sign up donors. You can also sign up in Room 317. See Mrs. Tassin for more information.
- An admissions representative from Southern Methodist University will be here in person today during lunch in Room 122. Please note that SMU tracks demonstrated interest, so if you are interested in the school, you should be at the visit. Also, Soka University of America in California will be virtually visiting Jesuit during lunch in Room 120.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Football Team as the Jays won a 17-13 slugfest defeating John Curtis on Friday night. The Jays were led in scoring by Senior Tight End Chance Whitfield, who caught a screen and galloped 32 yards for the winning score. Junior Wide Receiver Jace Larsen also added a receiving touchdown with an exciting 82 yard catch and run. Junior Kicker Aiden Corbello split the uprights with a 42 yard field goal to round out the scoring. Defensively a great overall team effort was led by Senior Defensive End Andrew Besh, who led the team in tackles. Junior Defensive End, Hunter Oufnac added a key sack late in the 4th quarter to help seal the deal for the Jays.