Announcements for Friday, October 1, 2021
Today is Friday, October 1, 2021
Regular Order, Day 3
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd Floor Chapel.
- Ten Minute Break, the official podcast of Jesuit Campus Ministry, is back for Season Three. Check out the latest episode featuring guests Killian Lyon and Patrick Dowd as they talk about angels, practicing the faith, and give predictions for tonight’s game against Holy Cross. Ten Minute Break is available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
- Senior Ring Dance will be held this Saturday, Oct. 2 from 9pm – midnight at the Jefferson Orleans North. Tickets may be purchased after school in Room 223. Cost is $40.
- The varsity football team will face Holy Cross in the 102nd meeting of the Great American Rivalry Series game tonight at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:15. Pre-sale tickets are available for purchase at the switchboard until 3:30 p.m. Both student and faculty ID’s, as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for admission.
- To prepare for tonight’s Rivalry Game against Holy Cross, the office of Institutional Advancement will be handing out complimentary freezy pops at lunch. Lunch will wrap up with the first courtyard pep rally of the year.
- The JV football team will play at Holy Cross on Saturday morning starting at 9:00. The 9th grade game follows at 10:30 with the 8th grade game beginning at Noon.
- The varsity cross country team will compete in the St. Joseph’s Invitational at Highland Park in Baton Rouge on Saturday morning starting at 8:30. The jv race begins at 9:30.
- An informational meeting for Beach Volleyball will be held today during the second half of both lunches in Room 323.
- The National Merit Semifinalist group picture will be taken tomorrow before the Ring Mass. All semifinalists must be on the front steps of the school by 4:00 p.m. Saturday for the photo.
- The Jesuit Philelectic Society will hold a general information meeting for all current Phils and any interested students on Tuesday, Oct. 5, during both lunch periods in the auditorium. This meeting will also provide information on auditions for our upcoming productions. Auditions will be held Wednesday Oct. 6 & Thursday Oct. 7 from 4-6:30PM in the auditorium.
- Students who are not enrolled in an AP Class but would still like to take an AP Exam, need to see Mrs. Yelton in Room 242 today to register.
- Senior, Counseling Request Forms for College Applications that have deadline dates between Oct. 16 and Nov. 16 are due today.
- Admissions representatives from The College of Music and Dramatic Arts at Louisiana State University and University of Southern California and will be visiting Jesuit today during the second half of first lunch and the first half of second lunch.