Announcements for Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Today is Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Regular Order, Day 3
- The varsity football team will open district play hosting Brother Martin on Friday night at Tad Gormley Stadium with kickoff set for 7:00. Pre-sale ticket prices are $8.00 for adults and students (non-participating teams) and $5.00 for children (ages 6-11). Pre-sale tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard Wednesday through Friday from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All tickets purchased at the gate are $10.00 each. Note that both student and faculty ID’s, as well as season passes will be accepted at the gate for admission.
- Friday will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit as the Jays take on the Crusaders on the gridiron.
- The Blue Jay Shop located in Room 132 now has white hoodies and all sizes of PE shirts available for purchase.
- Big Brothers will meet today during the first half of both lunches in the auditorium.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of both lunches. Freshmen and Sophomores will meet in Room 112 during 1st lunch and Room 229 during 2nd lunch. Juniors and Seniors have social.
- The Chess Club will meet today at 3:00pm in Room 332. New members are welcome.
- Students interested in trying out for the tennis team will meet today at 3:10pm in Room 117. All returning team members are also expected to be in attendance.
- Seniors this is a reminder that the virtual college information session for you and your parents will take place this evening starting at 6:30 PM. The link for the event can be found in your College Counseling page in Canvas.
- Admissions representatives from TCU, Loyola University New Orleans and Boston College will be available today during lunch today.
- Congratulations to the Varsity Football team as they inaugurated the 2021 season with a resounding 52-0 victory over the Riverdale Rebels this past Friday afternoon at Pan American stadium. Offensively Quarterback Jack Larrivierre ran for one score and passed for another to Junior Receiver Jace Larsen who hauled in the 40 yard bomb. Running Backs Pat Berrigan and Jaron Duplessis also had rushing touchdowns, and Sophomore Landon Garcia added 2 rushing touchdowns. Senior Kaleb Tolbert also scored on a 45 yard end around for a rushing touchdown. Defensively, Senior Dennis Dougherty led the team in tackles and Freshman Griffin Ellis had a 4th quarter interception. Go Jays!
- This weekend at the Southern Showcase in Huntsville, Alabama, the Jesuit Cross Country team not only came away with a commanding victory, but they also made history. The Jays’ 1-2 punch was led by Sophomore Michael Vocke and Junior Jack DesRoches. Elite sophomore Lucas Sampedro finished as the Jay’s third scorer. Next across the line to secure the victory was freshman Leland Crawford followed closely by Junior Robert Buisson. Juniors Aeric Wender and Patrick Dowd provided insurance as the 6th and 7th runners. Vocke, DesRoches, and Sampedro all broke Jesuit’s previous 5K cross country record. They also earned themselves 4th, 6th, and 11th place rankings respectively for 5K in Louisiana high school cross country history.