Announcements for Thursday, May 13, 2021
Today is Thursday, May 13, 2021
- Tomorrow will be a Blue and White Day. Wear a blue, white, or blue and white collared shirt or a Jesuit imprinted t-shirt to show your Blue Jay Spirit!
- The varsity baseball team will face John Curtis in a state semifinal playoff game this afternoon at McMurry Park in Sulphur with first pitch set for 2:00.
- Students, faculty, and staff are invited to watch a live stream of the last few innings of the baseball state semi-final game against John Curtis immediately after school today in St. Ignatius Hall. Students who are off during last period are free to head over to the auditorium earlier to root on the Jays.
- The varsity lacrosse team will face Lower Alabama on Saturday in a state semifinal playoff game at Lee Hedges Stadium in Shreveport starting at 2:00.
- Phriday Night LIVE! is back with our final episode this Friday night at 7:30pm in the Jesuit auditorium. Come enjoy live sketch comedy, improv, and music! Tickets are $5.00 for students and $10.00 for adults and are available on the website or in the Phils office Room 201.
- All veteran cross country runners and any new students interested in running cross country will meet today during the first half of either lunch in Room 112. Calendars will be distributed at this meeting.
- The Anime Club will meet today after school in room 219.
- The swim team will meet tomorrow after school in Benson Arena.
- Any members of Jesuit Men of Color interested in planning activities for next school year should attend a workshop on Monday from 11am-1pm in St. Ignatius Hall. Lunch will be provided. Please sign up on the sheet outside the Student Activities Office, Room 114, if you would like to attend.
- Students who owe printing fees must do so before the end of school today. Failure to pay these fees may result in the lost of school computer services and a PH. Please bring money to Room 213 during the 10-minute break or during the lunch hour.
- Last Friday, the varsity baseball team beat Rummel 7-0 in the first game of the quarterfinal playoff series. Holden Hess was the winning pitcher and struck five. Hess and Giovanni Liccardi each had multiple hits. On Saturday, in a come from behind victory, the varsity baseball team defeated Rummel 6-4. Ryan Porche pitched a complete game and stuck out five Raiders. Collin Loupe, Giovanni Licciardi, and Joel Terry each had two hits. William Good had three RBI’s in the game.
- Freshman Michael Vocke and Sophomore Jack DesRoches led the Track team to a 5th place team finish at the State Track & Field Meet on Saturday. Vocke won the individual title in the 1600 meters while DesRoches won the 3200 meters.