Announcements for Friday, April 23, 2021
Today is Friday, April 23, 2021
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel.
- Nomination Forms for Student Council Class President are available outside the Student Council Office (Room 113).
- All Student Council campaign signs must be removed by the end of lunch today.
- The Philelectic Society presents PHRIDAY NIGHT LIVE! Join us for filming of Episode 2 of our new sketch comedy and variety series in the auditorium tonight at 7:30pm. This week featuring seniors Max Gibson, Si Holmes, Carter Morris, and a song with original lyrics by Ray Sauerwin! Tickets are available online or in the Phils office, Room 201, for $5.00 for students and $10.00 for adults.
- The Sailing Club will take yearbook pictures today during the start of first lunch on the Chapel steps.
- All Big Brothers must meet today during the first half of lunch in Benson Arena. Check the pairing list posted on the first floor bulletin board to find out who your Little Brother is.
- The Public Speaking Class presents their Radio Theatre production of The Wright Brothers First Flight today in the auditorium during the second half of each lunch period. Come in and listen to this 20-minute story with live sound effects as told by seniors AJ Alvarez, Grayson Chanove, Stefan Hernandez-San Martin, Nathan LeCompte, Noah Leingang, and David Welsh.
- The varsity lacrosse team will face Brother Martin on Saturday afternoon at Jefferson Playground starting at 3:00. Senior Day ceremonies will take place prior to the game starting at 2:00.
- The JV “B” lacrosse team will face Brother Martin on Saturday morning at 10:30 at Jefferson Playground. The JV “A” game follows at noon.
- The varsity baseball team will host Vandebilt Catholic on Saturday at John Ryan Stadium starting at 1:00. Senior Day ceremonies will take place following the game.
- The rugby team will play at St. Paul’s in a playoff match on Saturday starting at 1:00.
- The cafeteria cannot accept checks for lunch accounts after next Thursday. We will accept cash or you can still make online payments to the accounts.
- Seniors: Come out to Will Clark Field today at the beginning of lunch for the Class of 2021 pizza party. Cane’s lemonade and tea will also be available.
- On Wednesday, the varsity baseball team defeated John Curtis 14-1. Holden Hess pitched a complete game and struck out five batters. Tripp Haddad, Joel Terry, Will Good, and Hayden Morris had multiple hits. Tripp Haddad hit a two-run homerun over the centerfield fence.
- Congrats to the Jesuit tennis team for their runner-up finish in the regional tournament this past weekend. Strong performances came from the doubles team of David Webster and Nick Crockens, who advanced all the way to the tournament finals.
- The Jesuit bowling team wrapped up a successful season Tuesday at the LHSAA team tournament at AMF Lanes in Kenner. After handily winning its morning match, the Jays fell to Brother Martin in second round action. Four Jesuit bowlers have been named to the All-District First Team: Senior Ben Hunn and juniors Gary Sims and Luke Wood. Sophomore Will Adams was named to the All-District Second Team. Ben Hunn was selected as District Co-MVP.