Announcements for Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Today is Wednesday, April 7, 2021
- Sophomores and Juniors interested in running for Student Council President, Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer should pick up a nomination form outside of Room 114 or download it from the Student Life Canvas Page. Completed forms are due tomorrow. See Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office with any questions.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of both lunches in the 3rd floor chapel.
- The 8th Grade Easter Egg Toss will take place today during the 2nd half of both lunch periods. Candy and Prizes will be distributed.
- The varsity rugby team will face Brother Martin this evening at City Park starting at 5:30.
- The jv baseball team will face St. Augustine at Perry Roehm Park starting at 4:30.
- The junior high track and field team will compete in the Chubby Marks Invitational this evening at Hoss Memtsas Stadium.
- The Robotics Team is recruiting for the 2021-22 season. Anyone interested in joining should meet tomorrow during lunch in Room 307.
- Lettermen jacket and stripe distribution for the spring sports from last school year (including baseball, track and field, tennis, golf, and bowling) and the fall sports from this school year (including football, cross country, and swimming) will be held tomorrow during both lunch periods in Room 311.
- Juniors are reminded to see Mr. Murphy in Room 225 to sign up for a service project. The list of available projects can be found on the service project course page on Canvas.
- In homeroom, students have received printing fees for the month of March. If you received a fee notice and aren’t currently searching for ways on how to make $1000 fast, please pay your debt in Room 215 by next Wednesday, April 14. Payments will be accepted before school, during break, and during the lunch hour.
- Please congratulate the following members of the track team who broke long standing school records during the Meet of Champions held Saturday in Mobile, Alabama. Sophomore Jack DesRoches broke the 2 mile school record and now ranks as the #5 Sophomore in the country. Freshman Michael Vocke broke a 36 year old school record ranking him as the #1 Freshman in the country. And the team of Jack Wallace, Stephen Peterman, Chris DeHart, and Morgan Hebert broke the 4×800 Relay school record.
- On Saturday, the varsity baseball team beat Shaw 10-6. Sean Cashman was the winning pitcher. Zack Casebonne, Tripp Haddad, Holden Hess, and Hayden Morris had multiple hits. Haddad hit a two run homerun over the right field fence. On Tuesday, the varsity baseball team defeated St. Aug 5-0. Zack Casebonne had three hits in the game. Michael King, Will Good, and Holden Hess combined for seven strike outs in the shutout.