Announcements for Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Today is Wednesday, March 31, 2021
- Today is the last day for Mission Drive Pizza Sales. Buy a pizza today during lunch for $10 and support the missions drive.
- Sophomores and Juniors interested in running for Student Council President, Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer should pick up a nomination form outside of Room 114. Completed forms are due next week.
- All Sodality levels will meet today. Seniors and juniors will meet in Room 308 during the first lunch and Room 231 during the second lunch. Sophomores will be in the 2nd floor chapel. Freshmen will be on the roof for lunch.
- Reminder that all Sophomores interested in becoming a Big Brother for next school year have a brief meeting during the first half of lunch today in the auditorium. All Juniors who missed Monday’s meeting and are interested in becoming a Big Brother should plan on attending.
- Those interested in membership in the National Honor Society for next school year are strongly encouraged to participate in Jesuit’s Big Brother program.
- The school is providing each senior with a class of 2021 yard sign. These should be picked up today immediately after school in the Commons.
- The Blue Jay Shop will be closed today.
- The lacrosse team took on Newman last Friday night. JVA kicked things off with a gritty, hard fought 10-8 loss. Varsity picked up its fourth win of the season with a final score of 15-9. Offensively, the Jays were led by Seniors Andrew Brown (4 goals, 5 assists) and Evan Centola (5 goals, 2 assists). On the other side, Senior defensemen Max Milano and David Welsh led a solid effort, with Sophomore Goalie Ethan Lago totaling 14 saves.
- Jesuit tennis team didn’t drop a game in 7-0 defeat of Holy Cross yesterday afternoon. Picking up singles wins for the Jays were Nicolas Kapusta, Connor Cain, Grayson Chanove. Wins in the doubles matches came from Cain & Chanove, L. Miller & Daniel Poulin, and James Bostick & Ethan Morgan.
- On Monday, the varsity baseball team beat De La Salle 12-1. Caanan Clayton, Lee Bridgewater, and JP Hernandez together struck out 10 Cavaliers and only gave up one hit. Collin Loupe and Tripp Haddad had multiple hits.
- Last night in front of a rowdy Gizzard crowded with seniors, the varsity baseball team defeated top-ranked Newman 4-0. Ryan Porche pitched a complete game and had 10 strikeouts. Tripp Haddad and Presten Berggren each hit RBI doubles.