Announcements for Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Today is Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Third Quarter Exam Schedule
- Today’s exams are Social Studies, Study Skills, French, Greek, and Spanish. Tomorrow’s exams are Science and Theology.
- Students should not be in the hallways during the exam period or between exam periods. Once you complete your exam you should exit the hallways quietly. You may remain in the Commons, Resource Center, or the yard during this time.
- The varsity basketball team will face Scotlandville in the semifinal round of the state playoffs on Tuesday afternoon at the Cajundome in Lafayette. Tipoff is set for 2:30. Visit jesuitnola.org for online ticket purchasing information.
- Jays, come take a break from exams and cheer on the basketball team as Student Council is hosting a Basketball Semi-finals Watch Party in the Auditorium for 2:30.
- The golf team faces Brother Martin at English Turn this afternoon starting at 4:00.
- Members of the varsity cross country, golf, soccer, swimming, tennis, and track and field teams are reminded to report in uniform to the steps of the Chapel of the North American Martyrs for team photos on Wednesday at 11:00.
- Paintball Outing scheduled for Saturday is postponed for a later date. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno with questions.
- The Pre-Freshman retreat will take place this Friday, March 12, at Jesuit High School from 8am to 2pm. Pre-Freshman are instructed to enter the courtyard and proceed to the Commons for check-in. Note the change in location. Lunch will be provided. See Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry office with any questions.
- Sophomores interested in attending the March 23 retreat at Camp Abbey should submit their permission forms to the Campus Ministry Office no later than Friday, March 12. Additional permission forms can be picked up outside of the Campus Ministry Office.
- Attention Juniors: The Ochsner Summer STAR Program provides qualified high school students a cost-free opportunity to explore the world of healthcare. If you have a strong interest in science or medicine and would like experience in the healthcare field, then this is a very worthwhile opportunity. Application materials are due March 12. See Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office with any questions.
- Students are reminded to check the list posted in the discipline office regarding outstanding PH’s for the third quarter. If you are in doubt regarding outstanding PH’s, check to ensure your status. All remaining PH’s for the third quarter are to be served on Thursday following the second exam.
- Friday night at Yenni, the track team won its opening meet scoring 123 points. 2nd place finishers were: Seniors Quincy Curley in the triple jump, Kohlmann Moore in the 110 Hurdles, and Hunter Rousselle in the 100 meters. The 4×800 relay team of Gardner Ebrahim, Ian Reily, Samuel Hunter and Matthew Joubert also finished runners-up. 1st place finishers were: Senior Chris Ferdinand in the Long Jump and Triple Jump, Junior Caleb Tolbert in the High Jump, Senior Aiden Devine in the Pole Vault, and Senior Jordan Hughes in the 100 meters. Finally, Saturday in Baton Rouge at Catholic High, Senior Chris DeHart finished 2nd in the 800 meters and Freshman Michael Vocke and Sophomore Jack DesRoches finished first and second in the 3200 meters missing the Jesuit school record by only a few seconds. Congratulations.
- Over the weekend, the varsity baseball swept the Jesuit Invitational Tournament by defeating Belle Chasse 6-2, Hammond 12-1, and Catholic-BR 8-6. Pitchers- Sean Cashman, Ryan Porche, and Michael King each earned a win in the tournament. In the final game versus Catholic, Joel Terry and Holden Hess each hit bases loaded triples. Hess, Tripp Haddad and Collin Loupe each had multiple hits in the victory.