Announcements for Friday, March 5, 2021
Today is Friday, March 5, 2021
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place today in the 2nd floor chapel.
- The varsity basketball team will play at Catholic tonight in a state quarterfinal playoff game with tip off set for 7:00. 125 tickets have been reserved for Jesuit fans. They may be purchased at www.slocaltix.com. Fans must create an account, purchase a ticket(s) and they will then receive an email that allows them to print out a PDF ticket or download them to their phone. The password for Jesuit fans is CHS1894. The cost of each ticket is $10.00 each. This does not include an additional processing fee.
- The varsity baseball team will continue play in the Jesuit Invitational Tournament tonight hosting Belle Chasse with first pitch set for 6:30. On Saturday evening the team will face Catholic in the final game of the tournament at 5:30. Both games will be played at John Ryan Stadium.
- The junior varsity baseball team plays at Northshore tonight starting at 6:00.
- The 9th grade baseball team will face Country Day at Pontiff this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- The 8th grade baseball team will play a doubleheader on Saturday at Rummel starting at 10:00.
- The varsity lacrosse team will play at St. Paul’s on Saturday night starting at 7:00. The JV “A” game begins at 4:00. The JV “B” lacrosse team plays at St. Paul’s on Saturday morning starting at 9:00.
- The varsity rugby team faces Brother Martin on Saturday at City Park starting at 1:00.
- The sophomore Ice Cream Social sponsored by the Student Council will take place today during the second half of lunch on Will Clark Field.
- Sophomores interested in attending the first Sophomore Silent retreat to be held on Tuesday, March 23 at Camp Abbey, should submit a permission form to the Campus Ministry office by Friday, March 12. See Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry office with any questions.
- Attention Juniors: The Ochsner Summer STAR Program provides qualified high school students a cost-free opportunity to explore the world of healthcare. If you have a strong interest in science or medicine and would like experience in the healthcare field, then this is a very worthwhile opportunity. Application materials are due March 12. See Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office with any questions.
- Students interested in playing beach volleyball are asked to sign up in Room 323 no later than Friday, March 5. Important information will be sent out via Canvas. Practice today at 4:30 at Coconut Beach. Games will be on Wednesdays, not Mondays, starting on March 10 at 4:30 pm. Please see Mrs. Catalano if you have any questions.
- There will be NHS tutors in Room 120 immediately after the second exam each day next week. Students are encouraged to take advantage of this free tutoring/support program. Tutoring will last one hour each day and will cover all subjects.