Announcements for Thursday, March 4, 2021
Today is Thursday, March 4, 2021
- The third quarter issue of The Blue Jay newspaper will be distributed in homerooms today. Extra copies will be available on the news stand in the Commons.
- The varsity basketball team will play at Catholic on Friday night in a state quarterfinal playoff game with tip off set for 7:00. 125 tickets have been reserved for Jesuit fans. They may be purchased at www.slocaltix.com. Fans must create an account, purchase a ticket(s) and they will then receive an email that allows them to print out a PDF ticket or download them to their phone. The password for Jesuit fans is CHS1894. The cost of each ticket is $10.00 each. This does not include an additional processing fee.
- All members of the Philelectic Society will meet today during the first half of each lunch in Room 202.
- The Asian Club will meet today after school in Room 121.
- Jesuit Medical Society will meet today after school in room 317.
- The Model UN Team will meet today after school in Room 214.
- The varsity baseball opens Jesuit Invitational Tournament play tonight hosting Belle Chasse at John Ryan Stadium with first pitch set for 6:30.
- The bowling team faces Kenner Discovery this afternoon at AMF Lanes starting at 3:20.
- The tennis team plays St. Augustine this afternoon at UNO starting at 4:00.
- The golf team faces St. Augustine this afternoon at Bartholomew starting at 4:00.
- The Investment Club will meet tomorrow morning at 7:25 in Room 334. New members are welcome.
- Pre-Freshman are reminded that their retreat is scheduled for the Friday of Exam week, March 12, from 8am to 2pm at Jesuit High School. The dress code for the retreat is casual and a pizza lunch will be provided. The retreat is a required event – if you have a conflict you should speak with Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry Office, Room 225.
- The sophomore Ice Cream Event sponsored by the Student Council will take place tomorrow during the second half of lunch on Will Clark Field.
- Students interested in playing beach volleyball are asked to sign up in Room 323 no later than Friday, March 5. Important information will be sent out via Canvas. Practice today at 4:30 at Coconut Beach. Games will be on Wednesdays, not Mondays, starting on March 10 at 4:30 pm. Please see Mrs. Catalano if you have any questions.
- Jesuit’s next community service offering will be a painting project at Tad Gormely stadium from 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, March 12. Any students interested in participating should see Mr. Murphy in Room 225.
- Printing fees for the month of February have been distributed in homeroom. If you have received a notice, please pay your fee before Thursday, March 11 to avoid the potential of losing computer services. Fees may be paid in Room 215 before school, at break, and during the lunch periods.
- Attention all students who drive to school: There is a link regarding New Orleans regulations for parking on the school’s website under the Student Life page and also on Canvas. It is very important that you understand the rules related to parking in the neighborhood in order to avoid being towed or ticketed.