Announcements for Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Today is Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- Past due printing notices for the month of January have been distributed in homeroom. Students who receive this notice should settle their account with the IT office (Room 215) before the end of the school day on Monday, March 1 to avoid the potential of losing computer privileges on campus.
- Mission drive pizza will be sold daily for $10 for a large pizza at the beginning of each lunch period in the courtyard. Individual slices will not be sold.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the second half of lunch in the 3rd floor chapel.
- The Model UN Team will meet today after school in Room 214.
- Anyone not currently on the football team who would like to tryout will meet today after school on the second floor of the Roussell building.
- The 8th grade baseball team will open its season this afternoon at Holy Cross starting at 4:00.
- The JV baseball team plays at Shaw this afternoon starting at 4:30.
- Class Level Officers will meet tomorrow during the first half of lunch in Ignatius Hall to plan class level events. See Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office if you are unable to attend.
- Editors of Calliope will meet tomorrow after school in Room 220.
- Students interested in joining the Jesuit Medical Society are asked to sign up in Room 317 no later than Friday. An organizational meeting will be scheduled sometime next week. See Mrs. Tassin for information.
- The next Paintball Club outing is Saturday, March 13. Sign up and join the fun. Permission forms are available outside the ROTC office. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno with any questions.
- Any students who are interested in taking an AP exam in May and who have not yet registered must do so by Monday, March 1. Registration information can be found under the Academics tab on the Jesuit website.
- Local Chef Edgar ‘Dook’ Chase IV, ’00 will be on campus today to speak to students during lunch in St. Ignatius Hall as part of Jesuit’s Black History Month Speaker Series. He will speak about his experience at Jesuit and his work as a leader in the New Orleans food scene as well as take questions from students. Seating is limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Pizza will be served. See Mr. Orillion with any questions.
- On Monday, the varsity baseball team beat Northshore 8-5. Collin Loupe and Tripp Haddad each had two hits. Michael King was the winning pitcher.