Announcements for Wednesday, February 10, 2021
Today is Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- Any students who received an error message when they submitted to Calliope on Friday should resubmit today.
- All Sodality levels will meet today during the 2nd half of both lunches in their regular room assignments
- Did you hear about the Chess player who thought some years of the Middle Ages were called the Dark Ages because there were too many Knights. You can meet this Chessian at today’s Chess Club Meeting at 3:15 p.m. in Room 332.
- The meeting for students interested in joining Jesuit’s competitive Bass Fishing team is postponed until tomorrow after school in Room 313. Please see Mrs. Swan with any questions.
- The 9th grade basketball team hosts St. Augustine this evening in the Benson Arena starting at 5:30. The 8th grade game follows at 6:45.
- The varsity soccer team will host West Jefferson in the 2nd round of the state playoffs this evening at John Ryan Stadium starting at 6:00. Tickets are available for purchase at the gate and are priced at $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for Jesuit students with ID and children.
- The Calliope Art Committee will meet tomorrow after school in Room 220.
- The Debate Team will have practice tomorrow after school in Room 116 until 4:30pm. Any students interested in joining the team should attend.
- The Spanish Club is hosting a Spanish Mass after school in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs tomorrow at 4:00pm. All are welcome to attend. Refreshments for Spanish Club members only to follow. Please see Mr. Serpas or Mr. Spurlock with any questions.
- PH scheduled for today is canceled due to a faculty meeting. Any PH scheduled for today must be served on Thursday.
- Science Honors Recommendation Forms are due today. Please turn them in to Mrs. Tassin in Room 317.
- Friday will be a Purple, Green, and Gold Day to celebrate Mardi Gras at Jesuit. Wear your favorite Mardi Gras t-shirts or Purple, Green, and Gold collared shirts to celebrate Mardi Gras this Friday on campus. See flyer for details.
- On Wednesday, the 8th grade basketball team erased a 6 point deficit in the last two minutes to defeat John Curtis, 42-41. In the final minute, Jack Sheridan made a long 3 to draw the team to within 1 point, and Jacob Washington cleaned up a miss for the go-head put-back with 5 seconds left. Jasper Parker led the team with 14 points, Washington contributed 8. On Thursday this same group of cagey-cagers defeated Shaw 38-30. Parker again led the scoring with 12 points and Oskar Neumann displayed some deft touch around the basket to pitch in 6 points. Saturday the team defeated Archbishop Hannan 48-32 on the strength of Connor Donnelly’s 3 3-pointers and 11 points, Parker’s 9, Ahmad Alsghair’s 9, and Sheridan’s 8. Antony Montalbano tied a bow on the victory with a crafty cut and score on an inbounds play with seconds remaining.