Announcements for Thursday, February 4, 2021
Today is Thursday, February 4, 2021
- The National Honor Society’s recycling program will continue this afternoon. All NHS members who wish to earn a service hour should report to Room 120 directly after school.
- Homerooms are encouraged to decorate their doors as Mardi Gras floats as we head towards Fat Tuesday. Wrapping paper is available in the Student Council Office, Room 113. Ask your homeroom representative for more details.
- The deadline for Calliope submissions is Friday at lunch. Please submit prose, poetry, art, and photography to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Printing fee notices have been distributed in homeroom. Students should pay these fees by the end of the school day on Monday, February 8th. Students who have not paid their printing fees from previous months have until Monday, February 8th or risk losing access to computer services . Fees may be paid in Room 215 before school, during the ten-minute break, and lunch.
- The Archdiocese of New Orleans has asked all Catholic schools to participate in raising money for Soles4Souls, a non-profit that provides new shoes for homeless children. This Friday we are asking all who want to participate to bring in $1 to be collected in Homeroom for this cause. To raise awareness for Soles4Souls, Friday is now designated: ‘Fresh Kicks Friday.’ Students and Faculty are encouraged to wear their best pair of sneakers in support of this effort.
- The Pro-Life Club will meet today during the first half of each lunch period. First lunch will meet in Room 316. Second lunch will meet in Room 407.
- The Anime Club will meet today after school in Room 221.
- The 9th grade basketball team will play at Shaw this evening starting at 5:30. The 8 the grade game follows at 6:45.
- The varsity soccer team will host Ruston in the opening round of the state playoffs this afternoon at John Ryan Stadium starting at 4:00. Tickets will be available for purchase at the gate. Tickets are $7.00 for adults and $5.00 for Jesuit students with ID and children.
- The Investment Club will meet tomorrow morning at 7:25 in Room 334.
- The Rubik’s Cube Club will have its first meeting tomorrow during the first half of both lunches. First lunch will meet in Room 112. Second lunch will meet in Room 212. Come sign up for this new club and see a Rubik’s cube demonstration!