Announcements for Friday, January 15, 2021
Today is Friday, January 15, 2021
- Next Tuesday, January 19th, is the PSAT 8/9 for pre-freshmen and freshmen. There is no school for sophomores, juniors, and seniors that day. 8th and 9th graders are reminded to bring a calculator and sharpened #2 pencils for testing. Students should report to their homerooms rooms in full school uniform by 7:45 a.m. Please see the Guidance page on Canvas for a complete listing of the testing rooms and other important information about the PSAT 8/9. 8th and 9th graders are expected to finish testing between 11:15 and 11:45 a.m. Please contact your guidance counselor if you have any questions.
- The varsity basketball team is set to open district play at home vs. St. Augustine on Tuesday night in the Benson Arena with tip-off set for 7:00. A limited amount of tickets will be available for purchase at the switchboard this morning through 4:00 p.m. and again on Tuesday. Adult tickets are $7.00. Jesuit students will be permitted to purchase one student ticket at $5.00 each. Note that student ID’s will not be accepted at the gate.
- All students who wish to try out for the Junior Varsity and the Ninth Grade Baseball Teams will meet today at 3:15 p.m. in the Commons. The meeting will last no longer than 10 minutes.
- The varsity wrestling team will compete in the Louisiana Classic at the Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales today and on Saturday.
- The varsity soccer team will play at Lafayette High on Saturday starting at 2:00. The junior varsity game follows at 4:00.
- The 9th grade soccer team will compete in the St. Paul’s Tournament on Saturday.
- 8th and 9th Graders interested in running for Class Level President should pick up a nomination form outside of the Student Council Office (Room 113). Forms are now due Wednesday to Mr. Genovese in the Guidance Office (Room 244).
- 8th Graders interested in trying out for the 8th grade baseball team will meet on Tuesday at 12:00 in the auditorium.
- Seniors attending Kairos 93 are reminded to meet Sunday, Jan. 17 at 9am in the Chapel of the North American Martyrs. See Mr. Flores in the Campus Ministry Office with any questions.