Announcements for Friday, December 11, 2020
Today is Friday, December 11, 2020
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place throughout the day in the 2nd floor chapel.
- Christmas Week concludes today with the Ugly Sweater Contest during the second half of lunch in the courtyard. Prizes will be awarded.
- Christmas Doors will be judged after school today. Any Student Council members, Faculty or Staff interested in being a judge can meet after school outside the Student Council office.
- Today is the big day for the Toys For Tots collection. We will collect all boxes today to distribute the toys to the community to allow those less fortunate to have a Christmas. For any of you who may have forgotten your toys today, you may bring them to Maj Friloux or Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno in the ROTC office in Room 107 on Monday.
- The varsity soccer team will practice at City Park after school today.
- The varsity soccer team plays at Dutchtown on Saturday starting at 2:00. The JV game follows at 4:00.
- The varsity basketball team will host East Jefferson in the Benson Arena on Saturday afternoon with tip off set for 3:00.
- The JV basketball team faces East Jefferson on Saturday in the Benson Arena starting at 1:15.
- The 8th grade basketball team plays at Archbishop Hannan on Saturday starting at 10:00.
- The 8th grade soccer team will compete in the Brother Martin Tournament on Saturday.
- All non-A Group distance runners who wish to run track and field should pick up a calendar from Coach Rudy in Room 205 no later than Monday.
- There will be no PH on Monday, Dec. 14. PH’s set to be served on this day will be held immediately following exams on Friday, Dec. 18.
- The next Paintball Club outing is Saturday, Dec. 19. Permission forms are available outside the ROTC office. All forms are due This Monday, Dec. 14. See Master Gunnery Sergeant Piseno with questions.
- For any student (8th – 12th grade) to be academically eligible to participate on any Jesuit athletic team in the spring semester (January-May), the student is required to have passed 6 courses for the fall semester. If a student is taking only 5 courses in the fall, he must pass all 5 courses for the semester to maintain eligibility. If a student is taking 7 courses in the fall, he is required to pass 6 of the 7 courses for the semester to maintain eligibility. Students who do not meet this requirement will not be eligible to play a spring sport or continue in a winter sport. Winter and spring sports include basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, tennis, track and field, golf, and bowling.
- Three plebes’ (freshmen) from the United States Merchant Marine Academy will be available immediately after-school today in Room 122. If you are a sophomore, junior or senior who may be interested in the military academies and want some first-hand information about the application process, please come! There is no need to sign up.
- Congratulations to the Jesuit Bowling team composed of senior Ben Hunn, junior Luke Wood, and freshman Will Adams for beating Brother Martin’s top team in yesterday’s High School Prep Bowling League championship match at Colonial Lanes.
- On Thursday, the basketball team defeated Terrebonne 67-70. The team was led by the scoring of Patrick Lavie and Jack Lo with 19 each. Josh Washington had 13 points while grabbing 10 rebounds. Will Good had 6 rebounds and hit two crucial free-throws to secure the win.